* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Link goes nowhere anymore?

Dead Link man

try it now

Here is another one from Game Spot:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-considering-allowing-users-to-resell-digital-games-6413770

Just more 'leaked info' from CBOAT. If it's true all it means is that they have considered the idea. It's a good idea, though.

This is exactly what I have posted in numerous threads since the whole DRM thing came to light - yes I am taking some credit for the idea - lol.

-

Seriously though, this info is from a forum so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Microsoft might want it, but the publishers would have to allow it, and i cannot see them letting digital, no wear goods, being re sold

If it was true, and it was cheaper, why would anyone buy direct from MS?

[quote user="HairyLoveSpuds"]

Microsoft might want it, but the publishers would have to allow it, and i cannot see them letting digital, no wear goods, being re sold

[/quote]

There would have to be some kind of built in obsolescence or devaluation, and the price would probably not be much less that retail. The article I read said that various tiers of content would be available for different prices. Perhaps a full retail digital copy would be able to be sold once, but not again after that etc.  

Please explain how the devs/publishers could stop it.  Not being an a**, I just don't see the difference between physical media and digital when it comes to consumer rights.  I purchased the game or rights to use that game, do I then not have the right to re-sale that game or the rights to it to someone else just as physical media.  I'm not claiming the intellectual property behind the development is mine so I see no difference in selling a digital copy of something or a physical copy in terms of usage.

Well, Draw, that all depends on the terms of the license agreement you make with the publisher. A digital license is just that. A physical copy of the game still only grants you use of it according to that license, but it can be sold according to U.S. law. To my knowledge digital licenses are not regulated by any such law.