Different xbox live account?

I've already made an xbox live account, but on my xbox, and so far, I haven't found a way to get my xbox profile converted into a windows live ID, so I can edit my xbox profile online. Is there a way to get my Xbox account connected to  Windows live, without making a new account?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You can log on to the forums with the account on your console. You just need to enter the e-mail address and password you used when you created that account. If it does not let you and says you need to have a Windows Live ID then go to Change the Windows Live ID associated with your gamertag.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When logged into your account on the xbox go to My Xbox and scroll over one to the right.  Press A to get into that tab and select join xbox.  Follow the procedure to sign up.  At the end of it you will have a new gamertag (it is auto selected for you).  You can choose the option that says you already have a gamertag and change the tag to the one you had before (so long as a live tag with the same name doesn't already exist).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.