Different speeds of xbox ones?

OK so I own 2 xbox ones. Me and my fiance regularly game together. I've owned mine for 8 months hers is about 3 months old. The problem I'm having is mine Is a lot slower in ever aspect than hers. If I turn mine and hers on at the same time hers is ready to play a full 30 seconds faster than mine. Both are set up to shut right off every time they are turned off. No sleep mode. We both boot up the same game at the same time and hers will be loaded about 30 seconds faster as well. Are some just faster than others? Or what's the issue? 

Another issue is mine constantly needs updating. About 2 278mb updates a week and hers never needs them. Why is this like this? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

You might be saturating your wireless signal, I would try wiring one or both. Also you might be having issues if it's a low end router as it might not be able to handle the moving data packets through the same ports too 2 different consoles.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Both are wireless and both are 5feet or less from the router. So networking shouldn't be an issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi bobbarkee, 

From hardware aspect all consoles are the same. So in a perfect world all consoles boot the exact same time. That said, they have apps, internet, and other things that come into play. Are they both hard wired? Is one wireless and one wired? If there is more internet latency on yours vs hers then I could see yours booting a bit slower for sure. I would try flipping the two Xbox locations in the house. That would tell you if network is a factor in yours booting slower. 

Hope this helps. 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.