different gamertag

I have not used ltcol20 as my gamer tag for a couple years. how do I get that one stopped and my new one connected with this rewards program instead?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Well, you can't actually "stop" a GT...if you mean delete it form the servers.  One you make a GT, it stays in system until such a time as MS decides to purge them.  A few years ago there was a annoucement for this to occur with unused GTs from the original Xbox era, but not the 360.  Anyway, explain what you mean by "rewards program"?  Because if you are trying to merge two accounts, you can't.  Currently there is no option to merge anything between any two accounts.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Itcol, what RED SHIFT has said is correct but I think I might be able to lend a hand here in regards to the Rewards program - If both of these accounts have either the same WLID or same contact email listed in your billing information or contact preferences this could be hindering your Rewards membership for this new GT. To create a Rewards account for this GT you'll have to disassociate the email from your old account and associate it with a new or different email. It might take the Rewards program a few days to recognize the change but if you sign up again you should be able to get in! :) If you're still having trouble after trying this your best bet is to create a brand new thread in Forum 14 - "Using Xbox LIVE Rewards" where their team can help you out. Make sure to detail these steps you've tried! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.