Did George Lucas manage a 3rd kill in the form fo free radical & battlefront 3 ?

So killer of franchises George Lucas might have managed a 3rd kill no one knew about really as well as Star Wars and orchestrating "Nuking the fridge" in Indianna Jones now Lucas has announced he's stepping down from film making there have been former Free radical employees coming forward to talk about Battlefront 3.

A few weeks back there was an article about how Battlefront 3 was nearly ready to ship when Lucas Arts changed over managers and the project was halted as they didn't want to fund the launch advertising but wanted Free radical to, who asked for money to do it and were refused that.

However now this horror story has come out on OXM online.

Some choice lines to get you to read it;

" calling executives they worked with “psychopaths.”"

"LucasArts used “stalling tactics,”"

"At one point, the studio went six months without receiving any funds from LucasArts."

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

well if this is true then this is shocking!!  I'd have my money on battlefront 3  being  as popular as and would have out sold any star wars game thats been released to date....................................The question to start asking now is _ Can this be fixed and released????.................................Oh prettey please!!

hope its a launch title for the next xbox.

Oh dear, once again Hobble just over editorialising a story

-

First, George Lucas announced he was stepping away from making "Block Buster" movies back in January, mostly because he was unable to source funding from within Hollywood for his movie "Red Tails" and had to fund the film himself...notice how successful the film was hence the lack of investment etc Another reason was the abuse and attacking from Star Wars fans over his constant additions and changes to the original Star Wars movies

-

As for Lucasarts, what the article suggests, is that a bunch of unhappy developers, Free Radical...who later went on to be acquired by Crytek and is now known as CrytekUK, are now coming out and complaining about events that happened in 2008 with a change of management within Lucasarts. This change, is claimed to have affected the development of the game, and essentially killed it but used tactics to prevent a breech of contract and avoiding a law suit in some cost cutting directive with the new management and executives at Lucasarts

-

At no time is it claimed that George Lucas made this decision himself, at no time is his name mentioned at all. Games get cancelled all the time for whatever reason, is it sad that Battlefront 3 was never completed and released....yes but lets get this in perspective and cut out the OTT over exaggeration

-

But it is a shame the game was never released.....but who knows

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

Oh dear, once again Hobble just over editorialising a story

[/quote]

Well I could copy and paste the entire story over here and call it brand new content like some people do and try to pass it off as some great content but I decided to be responsible and link to the site hosting the story and let people choose to go there and read it or not, you know rather than copy pasting someone's story over and not letting them have their moment by having their name at the bottom or top of the piece they wrote........... but I guess that's jsut me.

First, George Lucas announced he was stepping away from making "Block Buster" movies back in January, mostly because he was unable to source funding from within Hollywood for his movie "Red Tails" and had to fund the film himself...notice how successful the film was hence the lack of investment etc Another reason was the abuse and attacking from Star Wars fans over his constant additions and changes to the original Star Wars movies

[/quote]

I have nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Idea why star wars fans would be annoyed.

As for Lucasarts, what the article suggests, is that a bunch of unhappy developers, Free Radical...who later went on to be acquired by Crytek and is now known as CrytekUK, are now coming out and complaining about events that happened in 2008 with a change of management within Lucasarts. This change, is claimed to have affected the development of the game, and essentially killed it but used tactics to prevent a breech of contract and avoiding a law suit in some cost cutting directive with the new management and executives at Lucasarts

[/quote]

At no time is it claimed that George Lucas made this decision himself, at no time is his name mentioned at all. Games get cancelled all the time for whatever reason, is it sad that Battlefront 3 was never completed and released....yes but lets get this in perspective and cut out the OTT over exaggeration

[/quote]

you do get that its called Lucas Arts right and George Lucas is called George Lucas, he might have taken a jackhammer to star wars but without all the studio idiots nodding and saying yes to him he wouldn't have managed to turn star wars into such a mess in the first place. Considering the company has his name on it I'd say he has a fair bit or responsibility.

blah blah...you claimed it was "possibly his choice"...which I seriously doubt, stop over exaggerating a story just so you can throw in your own "theory"...story speaks for itself

blah blah...you claimed it was "possibly his choice"...which I seriously doubt, stop over exaggerating a story just so you can throw in your own "theory"...story speaks for itself

[/quote]

so George Lucas didn't have a huge hand in restructuring the gaming arm of his company in Lucas arts ?

Really the boss of a company would have no part in restructuring ?

lol..keep reaching fella, the story never mentions George Lucas. He retired from making big release movies back in January and not "just now"....the story speaks for itself without you adding unfounded speculation

lol..keep reaching fella, the story never mentions George Lucas. He retired from making big release movies back in January and not "just now"....the story speaks for itself without you adding unfounded speculation

[/quote]

So free Radical collapsed January this year ?

Now this is podracing

lol who said anything about Free Radical Collapsing in January...have another read of the quote you used Hobble

-

Its one thing to link to an article, its another to share the article and link to it. But its a whole other thing to just take what you want from an article, add your own spin on it like its fact then link to the article you used so people take what you said as being in the article before they read it

-

You are making assumptions based on information not contained in the article you used for your theory