Did anyone at Microsoft actually test the controller with human subjects?

For one, I love the feel of the controller when I simply hold it in my hands and do nothing with it.  The problems start occurring when you actually press the buttons.  There are two major issues with this controller.  When using LT And RT triggers, if you press down with any appreciable amount of force, the insanely sharp corners that house the triggers irritate the fingers.  The 360 controller had no such problem.  Everything was rounded properly.  I've never seen this issue on any controller. 

-

The second major issue is with the LB and RB buttons.  It's unbelievable that you are forced to arch you fingers to press the outer corners of those buttons.  The fingers are unable to naturally wrap around the length of the button and press it from the inner portion, as apparently the plastic button cannot get enough leverage on the switch.  These are major design flaws that never should have happened.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i've had no issues at all with the controller.  it works and performs fantastic.

I personally do not experience these problems either. I guess it would be hard to create a controller that suits everyone's hands. I'm sure 3rd parties will eventually release others that may suit you better.

Can't say I would have either one of these problems personally. I think it's a great controller!

I know exactly what you are talking about because I had the same issue with the right trigger on Forza Motorsport 5. Not sure its happened since though.

i was unsure about the L/R bumpers, got use to them very quickly and as become quite natural now, "insanely sharp" i have no idea what you'r talking about here, the triggers feel very comfortable  to me.

Triggers don't feel 'insanely sharp' to me. I think the triggers feel much smoother than the 360 paddle.

He's referring to the outside edges of the controller that surround the triggers, not the triggers themselves.

It's not the triggers themselves that are sharp.  It's the plastic housing of the controller that the triggers go down into.  The inner edges of the plastic hurt my fingers.

I don't think the trigger housing is particularly sharp. I can see where the problem lies but I think you need to adjust your finger positioning as the way myself and most people squeeze theirs doesn't seem to cause this problem at all. Same with the bumpers, my fingers sit over them very comfortably and they cause to hassle to press.

-

After a quick go at trying to find these problems, I think you may be trying too hard to use the ends of your fingers. Try resting them comfortably and using the natural resting place of the fingers as oppose to the ends of your fingers.If you're moving from another console (PS3 for example) or have been using one a lot recently, then I can sort of see why you may have trouble as I notice my PS3 controller does promote a different style of grip and bumper bashing.

-

Give it some time, experiment with it. You're probably just stuck in a bad habit or maybe you have strange ways of gripping your controller. As I say, the controller suits my style and many others perfectly and is merely an improvement over an already increbile gaming controller.

The XB1 controller is perfect for me. Didn't think they could improve the 360 controller, but they have.