Deus Ex : Editions Question

Ok, I'm confused. And it seems staff at a few of my local stores are also.

There are three editions of DE, but for this topic I'm only interested in two. Standard/Limited and Augmented.

Ok, the limited edition is the standard edition in a few stores that contains one of the mission packs. It's a fake ltd edition like say Homefronts, where it costs the same as the standard.

The Augmented is the one that comes with the DVD.

Can anyone explain to me the contents of each?

According to Trueachievments, Europeans get both the Explosive mission pack and the other pack with the Augmented edition. Can that be confirmed? But Game/Gamestation make no mention of this, just offer a pre-order comic.

I'm just looking for definitive information on whats in each edition, as ideally I want whatever offers the most in game content, and atm I'm struggling to work out what actually contains what and whats a pre-order bonus.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

According to their site, the UK only gets the Explosive Mission Pack:

• EXPLOSIVE MISSION PACK
  • Exclusive mission: Tong's Rescue
  • Multi-shot Grenade Launcher
  • Remote-Detonated Explosive Device
  • Automatic Unlocking Device

http://www.deusex.com/preorder & click the Union flag.

That said, Play.com seem to be offering both pre-order packs (Explosive & Tactical) with the Augmented edition:

[quote]

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Augmented Edition features the same exclusive mission as the Explosive Mission Pack, 10,000 extra credits to buy or upgrade weapons, plus a Huntsman Silverback Double-Barrel Shotgun, the SERSR Longsword Whisperhead silenced sniper rifle, the Linebacker G-87 multiple shot grenade launcher, an Automatic Unlocking Device and the M-28 Utility Remote-Detonated Explosive Device (UR-DED)

[/quote]http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/17844706/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Augmented-Edition/Product.html?searchstring=Deus+Ex+3&searchtype=gameall&searchsource=0&urlrefer=search&strefer=gameall&searchfilters=s{Deus+Ex+3}%2bc{362}%2b

Best bet is to get on the blower to Game or Gamestation to check them out matey.

Amazon are also offering both packs with the Augmented edition, but I rang GS/Game and they had no clue.

From what I'm gathering, the Augmented Edition contains both DLC packs already, excluding the pre-order stuff?

[quote user="Lavindathar"]

Amazon are also offering both packs with the Augmented edition, but I rang GS/Game and they had no clue.

From what I'm gathering, the Augmented Edition contains both DLC packs already, excluding the pre-order stuff?

[/quote]

I think your right mate, however don't take my word on this as I'm still a little confused myself lol.

However, from the one review I've seen ( 10/10 ) this game looks and sounds absolutely stunning, cannot wait.

The way I see it, is that you have 3 versions:

Limited Edition: Average 360 price £39.99 and includes;

-Explosive Mission Pack

-3 ingame items

Augmented Edition: Average 360 price £49.99 and includes;

-Bonus first issue DC comic (if you preorder)

-Bonus ingame mission (Explosive mission pack)

-5 ingame items & 10k extra credits

-Making Of DVD

-Game Soundtrack

-Motion Comic

-40 page Art Book

The last edition is the Collectors Edition, average 360 price £89.99 and includes everything from the Augmented Edition plus

-Different box art

-Adamn Jenson Figure

I ordered the PC Augmented edition way back for £29.99 compared to the current price of £37.99 which I think is quite good and personally I don't think that the £40 from the 360 augmented edition to the collectors edition is worth it just for the figure....

[quote user="Munroe"]

The way I see it, is that you have 3 versions:

Limited Edition: Average 360 price £39.99 and includes;

-Explosive Mission Pack

-3 ingame items

Augmented Edition: Average 360 price £49.99 and includes;

-Bonus first issue DC comic (if you preorder)

-Bonus ingame mission (Explosive mission pack)

-5 ingame items & 10k extra credits

-Making Of DVD

-Game Soundtrack

-Motion Comic

-40 page Art Book

The last edition is the Collectors Edition, average 360 price £89.99 and includes everything from the Augmented Edition plus

-Different box art

-Adamn Jenson Figure

I ordered the PC Augmented edition way back for £29.99 compared to the current price of £37.99 which I think is quite good and personally I don't think that the £40 from the 360 augmented edition to the collectors edition is worth it just for the figure....

[/quote]

I'm with you there. I was really debating getting the collectors ed as I've been looking forward to the game for a while, but when I noticed the price leap simply for the figure, I decided augmented was the way to go

The normal edition comes with a mission and a handful of weapons, the middle edition comes with the same mission, weapons plus a few more and some credits for ingame. The top edition doesnt come with much more else ingame but a bigger pricetag for the figure. I went for the middle edition.

Cheers guys

i am really tempted to get this but i need a place to stay first

Just started playing the game.

Whatever version you get - just make sure you get one of them! I can't say any more for now as I'm under embargo!

Judging from the scores that have been released so far, its looking like possible GOTY. Really cannot wait to play it.