Desperately needing the help of a someone who knows a lot about firewalls, ports, ect...

I'm getting the infamous...  " You can connect to xbox live, but your current network configuration may limit your online experience....  blah, blah, blah". I've been having this issue for a while, but since I recently added another 360, and an XBOX One to the load, it's gotten to the point where I can hardly connect to any servers. I had an old school Linksys WRT54GS router with a defective over-heating Linksys EA6300 router for an access point, and a Cisco modem. Yesterday, I forked out for a Linksys WRT1900AC to replace the WRT54GS thinking this would eliminate any connection issues that I had, and it cured all of them except for the 360.

Here's the run down of my network set up... I have 2 360's and an XBOX One set up with static IP's. SInce I had to set up more than one IP addy for port forwarding, I used port triggering, and just opened 53-88, 500, 3074-4500, 1863, and 10280-10284 so that the ports would be opened for all the consoles. I have the WRT1900AC as my main router, and the EA6300 as my access point. To do this, I simply disabled the DHCP on the router, turned off the firewalls, and forwarded all of the same ports...  mostly out of desperation, so I doubt it's the issue. Today I reset everything, and started from scratch. The 360 was connecting fine up until I manually added the static IP. My XBOX One connects fine...  or atleast it says it does. I also have a Surface and a laptop that are also on static IP's that connect fine also...  it's only the two 360's that seem to discriminate. I got my DNS server numbers directly from earthlink, and all of my static IP's are unassigned to anything else. This situation has me completely stumped, and any help would be appreciated, as I'm not that experienced with dealing with firewall, routers, ports, ect. Thanks in advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 107 Applies to:
Answer

As long as you connect multiple Xbox to the same router Internet connection, it won't benefit you from configuring Port Triggering, or Port Forwarding on your router.

The only option you would have to work with is UPnP, which is the process to automatically forwarding network ports used by Xbox Live. And, with a well-behaved implementation of UPnP, you really shouldn't have to strain yourself from configuring your router to make this work seamlessly. Hence the word "automatically".

Just ensure that your Xbox Ones power mode is set to Energy-saving power mode, as Instant-On mode has (in the past) been known to cuase conflicts with the port mapped process of UPnP.

In regard to your share driver, and if you haven't already, then please read:

- Overview of the External Storage Tool

- Configuring the folder access settings

- How to map a drive

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.