Deletion of Inactive Accounts?

I was wondering what the policy for the deletion of accounts that clearly have never been used, or are completely inactive is. The Gamertag I want to change mine to is taken, and when I looked the user up, there is zero evidence of it ever being used at all. It's just taking up space now. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Does anyone know how to delete an acc of this website i want to use my email for a different account

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Im Sorry Neenur But Xbox Cant delete account when they want to, xbox has a machine that will del them when it wants to (i was told on xbox customer support)

I Had a Query with them about the gt "Zoey" i wanted it because its my real name, ppl wont accuse meh of being male.

As Xbox Explained they cannot do anything about, u will have to just wait an see if it comes avaible over time, try n change to it once aday n ect :)

Love Zoey xox ,<3

Sorry this didn't help.

That GT you want will not be released any time soon.  As far as has been posted and published there was only a one time (earlier this year) release of said inactive/defunct tags and there are no immediate plans to perform another wave at this time.  This is not to say or suggest that Microsoft is not silently releasing tags back into the wild over time, unpublished, leaving it up to the community to 'gobble up' when they are freed.

Sorry this didn't help.