Deleting the email address associated with an account

In 2006 I made my main xbox account  using my parent's email address(I dont know why I just did). A few years later i made another account for the fun of it and used my actual email address, i stopped using the account after about a week but it is still tied to my email address. My question is if i can delete the email address tied to the 2nd account(the one im using to post this) and then change the address on my main account from my parent's email address to my email.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You can, but it will take some time to complete (30 days for each main step, about 90 total).

First you need to make a third account. Make a microsoft account (MSA), but WITHOUT an xbox gamertag (GT). You can make it at account.live.com. After 30 days you can move an existing GT to the new MSA. This will take another 30 days to complete. Once that move is done, the MSA you want should now have no GT on it, so you can move the GT you want onto that MSA, thus invoking another 30 days.

If you REALLY want to change the log in email you can. However, most people find it easier, faster, and more convenient just to add your new email as a contact and security and billing check. You can do that simply by click on my account up on the top of the page and updateing the contact email there, then going to account.live.com and clicking on "security info" and updating the alternate email listed on that page. You may be asked to be sent a code a few times, but its an easy thing to do. 

EDIT: Spelling

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.