Deleting silver account, using gamertag for gold account.

A little while ago, I made an account with the gamertag 'Otter Czarina' so I could just add my main friends and not be harrassed by others for a little while, using a 48 hour free Gold trial. Well, now the trial is over and... I've decided that I like the gamertag 'Otter Czarina' more than I like this one.

So, what I would like to do is some how get the original 'Otter Czarina' deleted so I can buy a gamertag change for this account and change it to that. I do NOT want to buy a gamertag change for the silver account and one for this account... that's a lot of money for not really much. And I don't want to buy gold for the Otter Czarina account - I have all my multiplayer stuff for my games on this account, all my saved games, all my gamerscore, friends, etc.

Would it be possible for me to delete 'Otter Czarina' and free up that gamertag on this website? Or do I have to call in and get it deleted? I don't mean just deleting the profile on my Xbox, as that wouldn't free up the gamertag...

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It isn't possible to delete a profile in the way you want, so you are going to have to spend 1600 points to get the name moved.

You are going to have to spend 800 points to change the name of 'Otter Czarina' to something else which will then free it up for use on your main account at the cost of another 800msp.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, that's what I thought. But I'd like a moderator or whoever officially answers questions to just confirm that .

Sorry this didn't help.

Not a problem, but that may take 24 hours or more.

Sorry this didn't help.

The people who officially answer the questions are the Support team. You can tell who they are by the S they have as their level.

However they don't tend to post on the forum all that often, as they have other duties of course, so you could be waiting quite some times for the official response you crave.

Sorry this didn't help.

Verified!

Sorry this didn't help.