Deleting payment option

It's 2013 and I can't just delete an expired card. I've been paying with Xbox live 1 year passes and today I'm prompted on my 360 to update my billing options or play offline. Fantastic choices. My membership doesn't expire until October of next year and apparently that's not good enough. I don't want to put in my new card but Microsoft isn't giving me a choice.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You need to turn off your auto-renew first, then try removing the expired card. As long as the account is still set to auto-renew you will need to have a card for it to renew to. If you wish to keep the auto-renew on then you need to change the card it renews to first before removing the old card. Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Before you can remove a payment option, you need to add a new current option before you remove the other IF that expired payment option is the only other payment on file.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

If you call support they can remove the card from your profile and the membership that you have will be put on not to renew.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks to all those who responded. I'll try to call Microsoft about this since I'm getting nothing but error messages trying to access my account. I still don't see why my membership that I've bought and paid for isn't good enough. Microsoft's billing system is as janky as a Bethesda game at launch.

Sorry this didn't help.