Deleting my accidental unwanted xbox live gamertag

I created a xbox gamer tag using a secondary email but now I need to change it to my primary email coz someone else needs it as his main email. However, wen I made my primary Microsoft account, a gamer tag was issued to it instantly after i made it. How do I delete the accidental account I made and shift my primary Microsoft account to my original gamertag? Please help as I have been struggling with this problem for a while now but to no avail.:)

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

Unfortunately gamertags cannot be deleted.

What you can do however is change its information by following the steps located at this link> http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/manage-account/change-xbox-live-account-info

The steps there are as follows:

Computer steps: Change your account name, address, phone number or email
  1. Go to Billing Account Information and sign in with the Microsoft account (email and password) that’s associated with your Xbox Live account.

Note If you don’t know your Microsoft account sign-in or password, see Find your Microsoft account.

2. Click profile, and then click edit profile.
  3. Depending on your settings, you might be taken directly to the Profile page (if so, skip to step 5 now), or you might be taken to the “Help us protect your account” page (if so, click Next or I already have a code).
  4. Enter the security code that you received, and then click Next.
  5. On the Profile page, click edit profile. Make changes to your billing account information, and then click Save.

Console steps: Change your account address, email or phone number
  • On your console, sign in using your Xbox Live gamertag.
  • Go to Settings and then select Account.
  • Go to Your Information, and then select Billing Information.
  • Enter your Microsoft account password, and then select Sign In.
  • Edit your billing account information and then select Done.

If you want to change the billing name on your Xbox Live account, use the Computer steps above.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.