Deleting billing account?

Hi

I'm trying to delete my Hotmail account but I can't do so because it says that I must first close my "billing account". So I log into billing.microsoft.com and see that I have an XBL account there but it gives me no way to delete it. All the help links just take me round in circles. I don't use the XBL account so have no use for it. I just want it gone. I tried contacting Xbox Live support but they say they can't delete my account.

Can anyone here help me?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Fr3ddy, but I did take a look at those articles and couldn't find a link that helped. I don't have a Gold account so that one's irrelevant and the "Remove an Xbox LIVE Payment Option" link just takes me to the default "Assistance" page with links to these forums and the customer support contact details which I've already tried.

If I go to "Manage Payment Options" from my account page I am (rightly) told that I don't have any payment options on file.

Any other suggestions?

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you still make payment's through this other 'gamertag' ? If live support does not help you, you could go to your local bank and cancel your card that's on that account and then just maybe you could log into billing Microsoft or change your hotmail address. This is the only option I have for you as live support is normal the very last option anyone can take.

Sorry this didn't help.

Basically it is because your Xbox Account is tied into that hotmail account. As you said, you can not simply delete a hotmail account that is linked to your Xbox account for billing reasons. In order to get around this issue you are having you need to change the email account that your Xbox account is tied to by simply changing your Windows LIVE ID for that Xbox Account. You will want to go to this topic and the section you want to jump to is the last section, "Switch your gamertag to a different Windows Live ID". Follow the steps there to change the email associated with that account. Once you do so it should free up that hotmail account that you wish to delete. 

Hope this helps you

Judge

Sorry this didn't help.

Above is my suggested answer :P

Sorry this didn't help.