Deleting account / moving account

Hello,

I had created my XBox360 live account years ago when they first came out. Since then, I have changed my email account a couple of times, but never thought to update it on xbox live.

I tried updating the email on my XBL account, but through general confusion and whatnot, ended up having to make this one to transfer the profile to. But then this "WantingBacchus9" profile was auto-created, and I cannot switch my account over, since it's "already in use"

Is there anyone who can help me? With this new Call of Duty, I'm starting to use my Xbox more and more, and more and more need to have some link to my email account. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If I understand your issue, you created account A years ago. Then created account B with your current email address. Now you want the original account A to be on the email address associated with account B.

-

If the above is correct, you can move account A to the address of account B by following the steps here: support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

You will need a third email address so you can do all the switching.

-

Please let me know if any of this helps, or if I didn't understand the issue properly.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

1) With a computer, create a new free Microsoft Account addresse at http://signup.live.com

2) On your Xbox, sign in to the WantingBacchus9 profile

3) Do Settings | Account | --> --> Account Security | Change Microsoft Account and change to the new addresse

4) Mark your calendar for 30 days from now when you can change the Microsoft Account on your Live account

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.