Delay in Account Recovery

My account was hacked at the beginning of July. I filed a U/A at that time, went through the process, and agreed to have my account voluntarily suspended so the investigations department could do their investigation. At that time, I was told the process would take 7-10 days. I have contacted XBL Support six times since that initial call, and have received different answers each time - ranging from my account was released on July 21st and I should have received an email allowing me to recover it to that I must wait another 21 days from today for the email to arrive.

Bottom line is that my reward for reporting a hacking is that I have been off-line for a month and a half, and repeatedly given incorrect information regarding the status of my account. Additionally, there seems to be no way in which I can escalate my calls from 1st-tier call-takers to get a more definitive answer.

Has anyone else had similar issues?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It's unfortunate that you have been going through this since the middle of July. This is what I suggest you try to do as it worked for a friend of mine in a situation that is somewhat like yours. Call up XBOX Support through the regular number and get transfered to Tier 1 support in the department where someone takes care of this sort of information. Ask the representative to kindly transfer you to their supervisor as you have been dealing with this issue for quite some time. I'm guessing you have an incident number or a ticket number of some sort that will help them find your case and get it pushed in the right direction. In no way should the recovery of your account take as long as this. I hope that this information has helped you in any way, and I hope you get back on XBOX Live soon.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.