Debate: Gears 3 Golden Weapons

Epic Game's Rod Fergusson revealed a new plan for Gears fans to earn the Gold Gnasher and  other gold-plated weapons in Gears of War 3 for the Xbox 360. The reaction from  players who achieved Veteran Gears status or got the Gold Hammerburst or Lancer  in the second Gears game has been negative as the official forums  exploded in a fury of complaints.

Epic had previously promised that Gears of War 2 players who earned the Veteran Gears  achievement would receive the Gold Gnasher along with a medal and unique title  in Gears of War 3. However, Fergusson didn't feel like that was enough  to reward such dedicated players so the promotion was changed to include all  five gold weapons - Gold Gnasher, Gold Sawed-off, Gold Hammerburst, Gold Retro  Lancer, Gold Lancer. Additionally, anybody that plays Gears of War 3  within the first week of its release on September 20 will unlock a Gold  Gnasher.

Fergusson's reveal of these new conditions for unlocking the Gold Gnasher and  other unlocks resulted in thread that quickly grew to nearly 3,500 posts in less  than 18 hours. Complaints generally revolve around the idea of unlocking the  Gold Gnasher for anyone who plays the game the first week as that will likely  make that weapon skin less unique as the number of pre-orders for Gears of  War 3 topped one million all the way back in May.

Another complaint comes from those that were able to get their hands on the  limited number of Gold Lancer and Gold Hammerburst skins in Gears of War 2.  Owners of these skins are unhappy that Epic is now making these very distinctive  skins open to those who achieve Veteran Gears status.

A third complaint concerns the Gold Retro Lancer as that was previously going  to be exclusive to those that participated in the beta, played 90 matches to  unlock the Gold Retro Lancer and then get 100 kills with it.

Link

So what do you guys think?

I personally don't think they should just give out the golden weapons. Only give it to people who worked towards the harder achievements.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I can't even begin to type anything coherent regarding something so ridiculous. I just don't.. why..

What was the point in us all busting our nuts to get to these levels when our rewards shall just all be taken away from us! Never like that rusty headed santa wannabe!

So which skins are going to be the rarest then; the gold ones, infected omen, or even liquid metal previously reserved for Epic employees? It isn't all about gold skins anymore.

Why does anyone care what the gun looks like?  It's not guna make them a better player.  Anyone complaining about not getting skins or other people getting skins is an idiot.

Gold weapons......wow...what a reward.....free map pack might have been a better thank you then lame weapon skins that will count for nothing online

Can't see the fuss myself. All the Golden Guns do is make you a bigger target in the game.

Literally speechless with the unfathomable amount of pathetic.

Golden Weapons look stupid as hell anyways...

Am confused what weapons do I get. I had the golden lancer in Gears of war 2. I did not get to level 100 on Gears of war 2. I did get 100 kills with the retro lancer in the beta. I also have my gears of war 3 limited edition pre ordered. So am guessing I get the gold lancer, Gold Gnasher and the Gold retro lancer.

People are seriously complaining about a weapon skin? For crying out loud haven't they got anything better to do?

Pretty pathetic to be honest.