Dear Tier 3 Xbox One advocacy team.

Dear Customer Advocacy team, or whoever it may concern,
I’d like to start by saying I have purchased a Windows 8 computer, a Zune HD, an Xbox one, A Nokia Lumia and many, many other Microsoft products over my life-span. I’ve also Blogged many times advertising your products, So it’s safe to say that I am Microsoft fan. With that being said I have never been so disappointed by a companies customer service as I have been since I’ve bought the Xbox One on Christmas.
After the first couple of weeks of having my first Xbox one, my Hard-drive began to malfunction by making a grinding noise and refusing to read any disc. I called your customer support team and set up an advanced exchange. A couple of days later I found out that the exchange was never set up and had to go through the process again. A week later when I finally received my product, I set it up and the disc drive was worse than the previous one and made even a worse grinding noise. I then called to set up another one, I was informed that they couldn’t and they would have to escalate the case to tier 3 Customer Advocacy team. I waited over 3 weeks for your team to contact me, all the while calling many times to see if there was anything anyone could do to fix this. Finally a manager would allow me to set up another advanced exchange, but then informed me of a new 15 dollar fee! Even after all that I’ve went through and STILL not having a working console for about two months and after paying over 500 dollars for a broken system, I was being charged 15 dollars! I had no choice so I said okay and set it up. You guys finally contacted me and told me I could have my 15 dollars back. Now I find out that my 2nd advanced exchange has been cancelled and can’t get a hold of anyone who can help me because you guys don’t have a telephone number! I REFUSE to set up another advanced exchange and pay 15 dollars after you guys have just paid me back and for some reason cancelled my advanced exchange. All I want is a working console. That's all I've wanted for two months but no one can help me. It’s safe to say that this experience has caused me to question my commitment to Microsoft products in general and you may have lost me as a customer and as a dedicated blogger advertising your products. I am even tempted to go so far as to contact gaming media and blog my experience on various gaming community websites, Before I do though I will give you guys one more chance to make me a happy customer again. I would like to be contacted by phone or given an extension so I can further discuss this case with someone on tier 3 and who can help me.

Question Info

Last updated August 28, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

I'm right in the middle of a very similar experience and have now waited two weeks to hear from the "advocacy " team! Reall angry about the way I've been treated. Is there any advice you can give me?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No surprise there was no reply to this.

I am new to the xbox one (sold ps3, bought the one) and I have found their CS shocking so far.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've just taken my third Xbox One back to the retailer but got a refund this time, I'm now constantly pondering if I should buy another XBOX One from another retailer or just spend the money on upgrading my gaming PC, reading things like this tend to be pushing me more towards the second option at the moment.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there all the advocacy team does not look at these forums, you will need to pm a member of official support so the can look into it for you.

Sorry this didn't help.