Dear Microsoft

Where do I begin?  A little less than a year ago my son Taylor went to the bank with me, filled out a withdrawal slip on his bank account and took out almost all of the money he had been saving for years because finally he knew just exactly what he wanted, an X Box 360.  He and I stood in line for nearly three hours in the bitter cold outside Toy R Us last Black Friday, 3 hours was a long wait in this cold Minnesota weather but he would have waited 3 more just to get that X Box.  Fast forward nearly a year later and what was once a source of joy and accomplishment, as he had saved so hard, has now become a source of sorrow.  All that money down the drain just like that, but it’s not about the money, we have enough of that, we can afford to buy a new X Box. The sorrow comes from the insinuations of thievery, pirateering, lying, trying to cheat the system, illegitimacy, violations.  My son has been made to feel like a criminal, innocent until proven guilty no longer seems to apply, guilty until proven innocent doesn’t even apply, it’s just guilty, that’s it.  How is it that we have come to a place in time whereby the very companies that are meant to provide entertainment to our children rob them of their voice and their right to assert their innocence regardless of merit?  What is that saying to the generation who will be looking after you one day when you grow old? What happened to morals and ethics and just plain doing the right thing?  I would imagine that the systems you have in place to check for piracy have a high level of accuracy, maybe even 99.9%, you are Microsoft after all, but what about the 0.1% who are caught in the crossfire, my son maybe, does he mean nothing to you?  What is seemingly nothing to you is everything to me. Maybe I am just naïve as I have never been in the business or corporate world, I am a Registered Nurse, I look after people, I don’t hurt people but I am wondering just how full do your multibillion dollar pockets need to get before you stop and take a look in the mirror and really see what you are doing? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

On a side note, freedoms like innocent before proven guilty and speech while guaranteed by the Constitution are not guaranteed when dealing with private companies, especially when dealing with contracts that both parties agree to.

I do feel bad for your kiddo though because of the issues especially since he values his xbox due to him paying for his own xbox.  As Tem suggests post in the forums and read the link that Onyx posted.  Hopefully things get cleared up for you and your son.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You may also what to read this sticky from the above mentioned link as well:  forums.xbox.com/.../81653.aspx

Your son or someone else in your household who had access to the system may not be as innocent as you think.

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you monitor your son each and every time he plays on his Xbox 360? If the answer is no then you can not be certain that he did not do anything to violate the Terms of Service/Code of Conduct that each and every one of us has to agree to when we create an XBL account.

The only thing you can do is post a query in the appropriate forum for an official answer as to why exactly he was console/account banned. No one else can tell you why.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41.aspx (go here)

Sorry this didn't help.