Dealing with Xbox Support

I recently had 2080 Microsoft Points deducted from my balance for a game that I didn't ever try to download. My Billing History on Xbox.com says I was charged for it but my Download History on my console doesn't show anything and the game doesn't show up in my hard drive. The points simply DISAPPEARED. I contacted Support via Email and they told me that I would need to call the Support line on the telephone. I called and was given a support ticket number and then filled out a suspicious account access form or something like that. Now my account will be locked for up to three weeks while I wait for an official investigation.  : [  

Has anyone ever experienced something this ridiculous before?
It's so hard to communicate with the support people I don't know if I'm ever gonna get my points back...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

That's what has to happen in a case like this.  You say you don't know anything about the points being used so they need to investigate the claim.  That means locking out the account so they can track properly.

Of course, you could always think about friends/family members.  Has anyone in your family had access to your account recently or perhaps had it on a friends xbox?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

when in doubt, call 18004myxbox for account related inquiries.

Sorry this didn't help.

I called it that's how I got the service ticket number. The people who they pay to deal with the initial complaint don't know a GD thing about Xbox 360 other than the basics. And the first two times I called they never suggested that I file an unauthorized account access form... they simply told me that some supervisor would investigate the claim, which was basically a lie because the third time I called and gave them my service ticket number they said they had no notes on the incident and no knowledge of what had occured. Basically what they do is make you jump through hoops until you hopefully give up on the fact that somewhere out there, someone who is employed by Microsoft (Mod Removed - Profanity) up and charged me for a game I never tryed to download. It's a logical impossibility that one of my friends hopped on my xbox and tryed to download a game, they just aren't that kind of people... and obviously neither is my mother. I apologize for the rant but honestly the service is absolute (Mod Removed - Profanity) considering over $20 of my hard earned cash simply vanished. I did what I had to and filed a complaint but frankly I don't think they will do anything for me, due to the high volume of complaints they receive, which is also why they take up to 3 weeks. I've heard in a situation like this they will often suspend the account while they investigate and then once the account is back online they simply tell you there is nothing they can do and give you a token for the one month of XBL you missed out on. I'll just wait and see what happens, I have some faith that i will be reimbursed but mostly it's just confusion and frustration. Again if anyone has experienced this sort of thing first hand please feel free to post your experience and how it all played out.

Sorry this didn't help.