Deadisland - 'Techland' have to mess up BIGTIME to stop me buying this game.

This is the only game Im really looking forward for the rest of this year.

19 mins of gameplay (some spoilers)

http://www.oxm.co.uk/30789/features/seven-ways-dead-island-leaves-left-4-dead-for-dead/?source=newsletter

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Seems to be a lot of emphasis on melee combat in this game and to me that doesn't work in first person games, as it is difficult to judge distance.

Melee combat worked perfectly in Condemned and Condemned 2 so there should be no reason why it doesnt work in Dead Island.

Thats the only thing Im worried about, fighting your way out of a tight spot in Left4dead was fun but basing a whole game on it could be where it all go's wrong.

its going to take more then the hype generated by a cleverly developed trailer to get me interested in yet another zombie game

I can't wait for all the major publications to give this 5s and 6s out of 10

My list of top 5 games I NEED to get this year:

1. Dead island

2. BF3

3. FIFA 12

4. Saints row the third

5. UC3

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

its going to take more then the hype generated by a cleverly developed trailer to get me interested in yet another zombie game

[/quote]LOL its been made perfectly clear that trailer bares no resemblance to the actual game.

As long as it has A: A good SP story and B: No stupid time limits on everything, I'll be happy.

[quote user="Whagi"]

As long as it has A: A good SP story and B: No stupid time limits on everything, I'll be happy.

[/quote]

Good point, it was the time limits that stopped me enjoying DR1 & why I didnt buy DR2