Dead Island Review IGN

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Been playing for about 3 hours now and really enjoyng myself a great laugh enjoying the quests the great scenery, the voice acting is sub par like my charachter will speak over the NPC but apart from that all the little details of the combat and bits here and there are great, just wish I could find maggie

Has anybody whos orderd with Amazon got the message "dispatching soon" above their order and does anyone know how long they take to dispatch after that message has been displayed. Ive got to say im furious the predicted arrival day is tommorow which is fair enough but the fact that it is yet to be dispatched means it wont be here surely?

PLEASE HELP?!!!

My first impressions are very good, there are so many sidequests already available and im only 2 hours in. I'm looking forward to playing it again tonight !

graphics are like just cause 2's but slightly better.

I thought the game looked much better on all the footage I've seen on the Internet. I think it's more to do with viewing it on a 17 inch laptop screen rather than a 42 inch TV though. There's a lot of jagged edges, many of the textures lack detail and anything not in the immediate foreground looks blurrier than I expected it to. The trees look pleasantly realistic though...

Personally i find the graphics stellar, for this type of open world there spot on. Same as Strangetron only problem iv had was on one occasion a few textures loaded a bit slow. Just had a quick look at the OXM review and regarding the graphics at least. Its like we have played two different games......

[quote user="Cavey74"]

I've not played very much, but my opinion so far is mixed. The graphics are ropey at best, the voice overs are largely of poor quality and what quests I've done all seem to be standard fetch quest fare, but there's definitely fun to be had from kicking zombies to the floor and dismembering them.

I didn't expect much else to be honest, so I'm happy enough and I imagine it's the kind of game that comes alive when you're playing with a couple of mates.

[/quote]

People keep saying this in reviews. But the screenshots tell a different story, as does the footage, Is there anywhere that has actual 360 footage (sometimes they cheat by using pc footage *cough* Brink) showing how poor quality the graphics are. Ive seen some slow loading textures but that's about it.

[quote user="Transmecharian"]

My gameplay copy that was meant to come tommorow came today whats as good as shopto service! so really suprised

[/quote]

what time did you order yours? i ordered mine at 1.45pm and it's saying it was despatched today but finger crossed and all that

Does seem to be abit of the same so far (the city is a pain having to run everywhere -.-) Like cavey said it's all fetch quests. Still it's abit of fun but if Gamestation make it trade in of the week for 35 quid I'm taking it lol.

I've not played very much, but my opinion so far is mixed. The graphics are ropey at best, the voice overs are largely of poor quality and what quests I've done all seem to be standard fetch quest fare, but there's definitely fun to be had from kicking zombies to the floor and dismembering them.

I didn't expect much else to be honest, so I'm happy enough and I imagine it's the kind of game that comes alive when you're playing with a couple of mates.