Dead Hard Drive

I’m a victim of E69. All my DLC and gamesaves are gone. I want to know if I can extract them (by I, I mean Microsoft)? I have spent a lot of money on the DLC and time on the gamesaves. Not only this I have had ‘3’ rings of death, had a fault with my first avatar and spent a huge amount on games, DLC, hardware and subscription fees. This is an indication of my dedication to your system. I ‘will’ move if you ignore me or try to get my data back. Plus I’m in the middle of a 12 month subscription so I think a bit of composition is in order.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Your DLC and purchased games will be safe as you can download everything again for free from your account download history.  I'm afraid if you can not access your save games, they are, unfortunately gone for good.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="MrNinjaMonkeyAB"]

so I think a bit of composition is in order.

[/quote]

Do you mean compensation? If yes then do you expect that when your car breaks down? Or the power goes out? Things happen. Unless you used Cloud to save your games then the saves are , as stated above, gone forever. Everything else can be re-downloaded from the XBL servers.

Sorry this didn't help.

E69: Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it

There is a slight possibility that if you were to replace the hdd with another official MS hdd for the console and use an official MS transfer cable you may be able to salvage some of the data from the bad hdd. This is not 100% and I have not tested it myself but it is a viable solution to try at your own risk. The risk being you waste money on a transfer cable.

Sorry this didn't help.