DE-ACTIVATING/DELETING OLD PROFILES

How do I de-activate/delete my OLD profile, so I can use my e-mail on my CURRENT profile?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

0 Sign out of your current account on the computer

1 Create a new, throwaway Microsoft Account addresse at http://signup.live.com

2  If it didn't automatically take you to the Account Summary, sign in with that at http://account.live.com

3 Go to Edit Security Info. Fill in the missing info from:

a) A phone number (preferably a cellphone to text you a message - very convenient when away from home)

b) An alternate email address (which can be used to send a password reset confirmation to)

c) A Security Question and Secret Answer

4 Now that you have a new Microsoft Account addresse, sign into your old profile on the Xbox

5 Do Settings | Account | --> --> Account Security | Change Microsoft Account

6 Then, 30 days from now, you can assign the original Microsoft Account addresse to another profile. That 'speed bump' is required by Microsoft Accounts for anti-hacker purposes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can't. You have to create a 3rd WLID that you dont' care about, account.live.com/signup and attach to it the gamertag that has the email you want, has to be done on the console, then take the good email and switch it with the good gamertag.  

Rules for changing the WLID to a gamertag:

If the password has been reset or the profile downloaded in the last 30 days you can't change the WLID on a gamertag.

If you don't know the password to the gamertag and that's why your trying to change the email that's not going to work. You must first do account recovery, then the process above.  

To change the WLID on the console:

Sign in, go to Settings, Account, arrow over to the right twice to "Account Security" and "Change Microsoft Account"

Then enter in the current password for the account, then the email your switching it too, then that password.

Again if you've downloaded the profile or reset the password in the last 30 days you'll get an error message or if it's already attached to another gamertag.

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.