DDOS Attack

DDOS Attack
Thread created by Taaq Temperr
Hello, Xbox enforcer team please dont remove my post until you read.

Alright here is my story, xbox live accounts ([mod removed]) and ([mod removed]) invited me into a party at around 6-8pm central time and they then proceded to tell me where I lived down to my adress. Then I thought I lagged out of the party until my networking wisdom kicked in and I realised I have been booted offline or DDOSED, which made me have no internet at all untill around 11pm. In between those time i had called my internet company to try and get my ip adress changed so the booter wouldnt work anymore, my internet provider refused. I then called xbox which then told me to report them when I got my internet back to also post on the forums. Which I am doing right now.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You need to call your ISP about the attack and XBOX Support Toll free: (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269 with the attacker(s) gamer tag(s), and never post other(s) tags on this forum please.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings, Taaq. Thank you for bringing your question to the forums. To start, let's take a look at this support article titled "Denial of service (DoS) or Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks: Frequently asked questions." It provides a full explanation of what you should do in the case where you experience a DDoS attack. 

In addition, I would also recommend filing a complaint via your console against the two users you mentioned by following the directions in this sticky: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/26/t/19139.aspx. This will make sure a member of Enforcement reviews your situation so they can take any necessary action.

Lastly, if you are feeling physically threatened I would encourage you to contact your local law enforcement. 

Thank you!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.