Day Updates Fails at 80%

Can we some official confirmation from Microsoft on the status of this update? I was on hold for over four hours with customer support last night before I was finally told that this was a known issue that was being worked on, and here it is 12 hours later and nothing is mentioned in any official capacity on the support pages or the forums regarding the status of this. It's pretty irritating. I still fail the update at 80% with 100mb remaining to download. Does anyone have a fix to this other than the emergency offline update that apparently gets your console banned? Microsoft needs a secondary fix for this problem if they can't get the online update to work properly.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 172 Applies to:

ive already bricked one console doing it and now have a new one,,, not trying it again,,, have been advised just keep trying,, every few hours to get access,,, so do so at your own risk.. I had same issue,, as have hundreds of others,, I believe its just due to demand for the update,, as my internet is fine,, otherwise its simply hardware failure.. :/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Update hanging around 70-80% (and probably any other percent):

Symptoms:

That day one update stops loading at about 70-80%

Solutions:

OK, so if it's stopping at this point, that indicates a network error.  There are a few things we can try.

The first will be to go through the basic network troubleshooting like we would for a 360 update.  So restart router/modem, try to simplify the network, try a different network.  

If that doesn't help, try the following:

1) Power down the console by holding the Xbox button on the console for 8 seconds

2) Unplug the power cables

3) Let the console sit for 1 minute

4) Reconnect the console and power it back on

5) Try updating again

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.