Day Six and my credit card is still there to be stolen.

Why can you people not take a credit card off an account under a UA investigation when the credit card was NOT part of the unauthorized use?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

why cant we remove it after paying for the subscription we used it for? mines waiting to be stolen because its latched onto a prepaid 12 month gold code, all because i renewed it before the old subscription (that my card paid for) finished, so now its stuck to a prepaid code for a year... why cant MS do things the way every other payment system works... once its paid for and debited, the card should be able to be removed.... ugh...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Simply because MS dont care?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Auburnlaw! Have you tried calling phone support to ask them to remove your card from the account? Also, the account is locked from purchasing during the investigation anyway, so no one can purchase with your card anyway. Let me know what you find out from phone support on this. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I have called phone support TWICE and I have emailed them.  I have sent a demand letter to MS's legal department.  All to no avail.  "No one below level 3 can take that card off" is the rejoinder I have been hearing in my sleep for three days now.  

If my account can be hacked, and it was, my credit card information can be stolen too.  Gwyther, neither you nor anyone at MS can guarantee me with 100% certainty that my credit card number could not be obtained.  The only way to do that is to remove it from the system.  You folks couldn't keep someone from stealing $50 worth of MS points, spending them on FIFA 12 in-game items, and transferring said items to other accounts (even though you've known about this scam for the better part of six months), so you will have to forgive me if I no longer accept your assurances or trust Microsoft with my credit card number.  Fool me once and all of that.

Oh, and my account isn't just locked for purchases, one of your vindictive phone support people apparently took it a step further on my SECOND call and locked me out of Live COMPLETELY.  I can do NOTHING, no online games, no Netflix, nothing.  Hackers can get at my account, but I can't.

Sorry this didn't help.

This pattern of Microsoft punishing honest XBOX gamers with legitimate requests has GOT to stop.  The same thing happened to me -- my account is locked, and the phone customer service person I spoke to about it told me that there was no recourse for me, and no way for me to appeal that permanent lock.  He suggested I create a new account.

In what kind of universe is THAT suggestion a proper fix for something Microsoft is *** the pooch on?

Sorry this didn't help.

Auburn: After adding the card to the account, only the last 4 digits are visible, even if you have access to the account. That said, have you asked phone support to connect you with a tier 3 agent to resolve this for you? What did they say to that?

Sorry this didn't help.

The guy said he could not connect me with a Tier 3 person because they don't speak to customers. He even left me on hold and supposedly went to check with a supervisor when I told him that made no sense.  He came back and said his supervisor confirmed what he had already told me.  

Sorry this didn't help.

for one thi9ng noone can readf your creditcard number that is incrypted

with the account locked

noone can forward any charges

with just the creditcard number you still need the 3 security card on your actual card which is never stored

Sorry this didn't help.

noone can access an account once locked by support noone can loged in or use the account online

only UAI teams can unlock accounts they will only unlock an account once the investigation is complete

when the investigation is complete you will receive a email at the contact email that you requested for a password reset

only then will an account be unlocked

noone can take away your creditcard number from an account unless you provide it in your bio or an unencrypted format like bio or non billing page even then they still need the 3 digit code on your physical card

this is mentioned by your creditcard company

Sorry this didn't help.

Bull.  It is a 3 digit number, and not everyone asks for it.  Look, just because YOU can't see more than 4 digits on your console does not mean that someone can't break in and defeat the encryption.  Do you not read the news?  It is done all the time.  If the numbers are there they can be obtained.  My password was ELEVEN letters and numbers and they broke that.  That credit card info is only one more number and they don't have to worry about guessing letters or special characters.  If they can figure out my password, they can figure out 12 numbers.

Sorry this didn't help.