Day 1 360 owner day 1 xbox one owner but never again

If I had known MS would go discounting their new console 3 months in with the hottest game of the year (most likely) I and everyone else would have waited. We bought day 1 on faith in the xbox brand and to support MS like core gamers do. Screw over those 4 million people like this and see what happens next gen. 

I can tell you what this shows me. It shows me that Sony is the only company I can trust anymore buying day 1 and I will return that by only renewing their online service and not microsofts. X1 was my console of choice because most of my friends are on live. Now it's about half and half and I'm moving all my multiplatform purchases over to my ps4. I will cognitively make sure MS sees as little of my money as possible for this gen and will never support you day 1 again.

Flame me call me entitled whatever it doesn't matter. Never before had MS stabbed it's day 1 owners in the back like this in the US but lesson learned on my end that's for sure.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

SMH

[quote user="gatti man"]If I had known MS would go discounting their new console 3 months in[/quote]You did know. They telegraphed it with the launch commercial blitz. It was the first thing pictured in the commercial. What more did you want?[quote]with the hottest game of the year (most likely) I and everyone else would have waited.[/quote]So you wouldn't have used the console for the past three months? You'd patiently wait another three weeks for the game to go live? If you haven't been using your console why didn't you return it to your retailer as unwanted?[quote]We bought day 1 on faith[/quote]You may have. I bought one because I wanted to use it.[quote]I can tell you what this shows me. It shows me that Sony is the only company I can trust anymore buying day 1[/quote]Why, so you can play even fewer exclusives?[quote]Never before had MS stabbed it's day 1 owners in the back like this[/quote]They didn't include Halo as a pack-in with the original XBOX. There was no AAA title for the 360 until Gears of War shipped in fall, 2006.

If you didn't use the console, you should have returned it. I know people making the same comments as yourself, yet I know they were using Xbox One every night to watch TV. So much for not using the console.

I used it for a few days with Forza but that game was dlc driven garbage. Dead rising 3 didn't grab me but I kept it for KI and titan fall. I absolutely would have waited especially since I had a PS4 which by all accounts is faster has a better UI and isn't *** over their day 1 buyers with free pack ins 3 months after launch.

Also what does gears have to do with anything? 360 launch was awesome. Kameo and PGR3 were amazing for their times and once again MS didn't stab their early adopters in the back like they just did with titanfall.

Why would anyone use X1 to watch tv? It's totally unneeded and just an extra layer that adds almost zero unless you need a dvr.

You know what this tells me?

People forget about things faster... The market can no longer afford to keep things full priced for a year +

The more the merrier. Why get mad over it just enjoy the games. Make videos. Watch tv use all it's features for what they are and in ten years come tell me how you feel.

Sony discounted their console $100 and had multiple pack ins with the PS3 in the first year. I bought a launch 60 gig. Oddly enough I don't recall Sony sending me a $100 check in the mail or any free games, unless you count the free downloads when they allowed hackers to get access to my unencrypted data on their servers. I'm impressed that you will support Sony more based on their console not getting a price cut with the PS4 or packing in a game. Hopefully we won't see something like an Infamous bundle or your back is really going to be hurting. www.ign.com/.../ps4-infamous-second-son-bundle-announced

-Death

It's a $60 game......  who cares???  The box has a picture of TF on it...   woooooooooo........

-

Costco has a X1+2 controllers+12 month Live for $599 CND......  that's a deal, IMO....

I think most people are upset with what we didn't get.

With the original PS3 you got backwards compatibility (ps2 internals), a console that could dual boot Linux, and other nice features. I mean to me I still kept my original PS3 such a great console for custom firmware lol.

Now on to the PS4 day 1 I got the console, 15 dollars in credit, 3 free games, ps+ for a month, and sony music for a month.

The bottom line is we paid 100 more for a sub-par console and Microsoft still isn't giving any of its current customers an inch when it comes to value. I've ranted, raved, and just about border-line spammed about this topic.

I am not asking for anything free, but I would like to see more value.

Don't think I HAVE not made suggestions over the months.

I have advised/suggested for free Xbox music with gold sub, a free game each month of quality, and even a movie streaming service similar to Netflix. All of those things could combat what Sony is currently giving. Please note I've went to official MS feedback forums and even got some responses from the Company such as "that's a great idea"; unfortunately none of my suggestions have come to fruition.

I don't expect anything. I hit the confirm button  online with purchase, I expect what I paid for. I don't have the "if something bigger comes down the line months from I better be compensated" attitude.

King,

I am somewhat in agreement with you. All I'm saying is I just want more with my Gold Sub/Xbox purchase. I mean after seeing what the competitor offered/is offering it only makes sense to have similar treatment across the board. This is where we can all chime in together and demand a little more for our subscription. Instead of fussing over one free game and a little bit of a console price drop - lets really get the gravy.

I really could care less about the free Titanfall or even a price drop - heck that's what MS needs to stay competitive. I would probably almost bet my left en that if MS had released the X1 in the US for $400 that Sony wouldn't have any where near the lead they have right now.