Data transfer with a 4GB Slim

I currently use an Xbox 360 Elite, with a 120GB HDD, but I just purchased a new Xbox 360 Slim 4GB plus a 320GB HDD. I want to transfer my memory from the 120GB HDD to the 320GB HDD. Can I do this with the new hard drive in the Slim? I know that when I've done transfers before I was instructed to make sure all memory cards, etc were removed because they would interfere with the memory transfer, so I was wondering if the 4GB flash memory in the Slim would mess up the transfer.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The internal memory will not mess up the transfer.  However, with the new simplified method of downloading your gamertag why not just put your saves on the cloud, download the tag, do a license transfer to the new console and then redownload the content you want to keep?  

Saves time and effort in the long run.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The internal memory of the slim model will not interfere with your transfer. You should first install the new hard drive and then using an official Microsoft transfer cable, transfer the content from your old drive to the new system. Please note that some content cannot be transfered and that you should transfer your licenses to the new system.

www.xbox.com/.../FAQ

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.