data is missing. wiped several gigs

earlier today i bought a 8gb pny usb drive. it worked fine didnt show any messages. however just recently when i tried to move 59mb over to it, it said that the content couldnt transfer. i had already put about 5 or 6 gigs of game save data, dlc, and my profile. i can get my profile back, not worried there. however i just lost a lot of game time and dlc and so forth. any way i can save the data? wont register in my 360 or computer.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Did you configure the USB drive before using it to transfer data? I only ask because I'm not sure what might have happened while you loading data onto it (unless you hit the capacity on it, which might have caused an issue).

As for your data and DLC, all DLC can be downloaded again via the 'Download History' menu, which is listed under your profile in the 'My Xbox' channel of the dashboard. The save data, on the other hand, may be lost, if it's not showing either on the USB or the HDD.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I just had the same thing happen!  Used mine (xbox said it was OK) for months.  Worked fine yesterday, in fact, I put it in and it looked OK.  Signed in, the 360 locks up on xbox sign in and now it doesn't show up at all.

When I put it in my PC it sees the xbox container files but the 360 doesn't see them.  Had a ton of saves on it and my profile I'd like to get back, I move it between my 360s...

Sorry this didn't help.

I did configure it. As for the saved data. Oh well. Glad I can download the dlc again. Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.