Dashboard Update 2011 - Download as you play!

I recently found out, that you can now download as you play which is a cool feature added in. 

Now I can download game demo's while playing MW3 :) Just thought I should let you all know incase you didn't already.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Um, you have always been able to do that...

Not always Tony.

-

Previously the 360 would stop the download while you were playing if it felt like it.

When I first downloaded the new dash it would let me do this, but recently I tried downloading Last.fm while I was playing MW3 and it stopped the download. Although, I didn't check to see if it started again while I was playing since it doesn't have a notification saying that the download started downloading again.

It used to let you download while gaming as long as you were playing off line.  Are you saying you can play MW3 online and still download items off XBL marketplace?  I know some games wouldn't let you download even offline, but I think it was just bad programing on the game developers part.

[quote user="voteDC"]

Not always Tony.

-

Previously the 360 would stop the download while you were playing if it felt like it.

[/quote]

I thought that was only if you played online, because it would cause lag.

@x2fast4u -- Maybe you mixed up your words, but how can something continue downloading while you're offline?

[quote user="Eggnogga"]

@x2fast4u -- Maybe you mixed up your words, but how can something continue downloading while you're offline?

[/quote]

By offline, he means not playing online as in a multiplayer match.

Correction, downloads continue while playing games if they were off line and not transmitting any kind of data to game servers. So there's many games with single player that you could play through campaign and stuff, but then there's others that may still send information to online servers that would be considered "playing online".

I haven't tried download anything while doing other activities that required online play but I'll give it a try later.

Major did an Xbox 101 on this very subject regarding when and how this feature works. If any data is being transmitted to the LIVE service the download is stopped until the transmission is completed.

-Jim

[quote user="Anthonymrb"]

Um, you have always been able to do that...

[/quote]

Umm  mind you the download would stop when your playing any Multi player  game  , this will only work when playing singleplayer games !!!