Dashboard switches language

Hi, I recently updated the Dashboard (I recently moved and had not had time to play or update the xbox) and it seems that every time I go on xbox live, my dashboard switches to Spanish (terribly translated, I might add - only about 70% of the words are translated and the rest are left in English). I understand that this is most likely due to my IP, as I do reside in Mexico, however, I would like for it to remain in English.

I have already switched Language and Locale several times to no avail, it goes back to Spanish as soon as I log onto Xbox live. I know this isn't a functionality issue, however, I really would like it to be in English. 

I hope something can be done. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hello,

Changing the language and locale on the console itself will only effect offline language. When you connect to Xbox LIVE it uses the countries language on the account. If your account is registered in Mexico, then you will see the dashboard in Spanish.

If it's possible to change, the country you have selected would need to have multiple language options. You can learn how to change this setting (if available for your country) by going here and looking under "Change your Xbox LIVE account language".

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You can't change.

But a lot of people want answers to WHY the *** you're not allowed to change.

Sorry this didn't help.

I too find this really annoying, my dashboard is partially englisch and partially badly translated dutch. This need to be fixed, let us choose our own language or at least give us the option to put it all in english, is there any news from MS on this issue yet?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys! If you'd like to provide feedback on this issue make sure to post in our Wishlist and Feedback forums!

Sorry this didn't help.