Dashboard freezing?

Yesterday while I was on xbox, I noticed my games started to freeze pretty much after a few minutes of playing. After restarting, it said I needed to update, which I did, but the problem continued, so I took a break. Later that day, it would freeze continuously on the dashboard.

My xbox is in an easily ventilated area, clean of dust, and is sitting on glass.

I've tried to clear the cache on my storage devices as well, but that has failed too.

One error I got was something about storage device failure, so I started my xbox with out my hard drive in. It worked somewhat, but it told me I needed more updates to which I would eventually reach an update that said it was unavailable and my xbox would freeze. Without the hard drive, my xbox only has about 1 gb of space left, so would the problem be there just isn't enough space to download the update?

How would I fix this, would I just need a new hard drive? And if I do just need a new hard drive, will I be able to recover my files on the new one?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

when the error should up on screen, was the screen black and a bunch codes showed up on screen. also check the  small silver box connection on your hard drive, if its to loose; then you need a new hard drive and you will be able to recover your achievements and your gamer tag profile , but you will not be able to recover save game files. if the connection on the hard drive is sturdy and does not move at all, then your hard drive is fine. it could be your Xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Leucy, Have you tried all 8 Solution on how to fix your Xbox 360 from freezing? I do read you did 2 of the 8 Solutions, in your post, but I would try the other 5 and if doesn't work still I would have you do solution 8 by Submitting an online repair order

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the help! Unfortunately it still doesn't work. :(

When my xbox freezes, there aren't any codes and the screen isn't black. I checked the hard drive, and when inside the xbox, the hard drive is pretty wiggly. But outside the xbox, none of the green pieces (i'm not sure what they're called) on the hard drive are wiggly. For the area where you put the hard drive on the xbox, the inside is pretty loose.

Hopefully this makes sense, I'm not too familiar with xbox parts.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just to add some more information, even with the hard drive removed, the xbox still continues to freeze. So I assume this means my xbox is the problem?

When I turn off my internet, the xbox manages to be normal (lets me navigate the dashboard and stuff) for a few minutes before freezing.

Any other possible solutions? I prefer not to ship my xbox to get it repaired, but I will as a last resort if nothing else seems to work.

Sorry this didn't help.

it sure sounds like the last resort option is your best course of action. are you under waranty?

Sorry this didn't help.

you can register and check here. and submit a repair order.  myservice.xbox.com/.../consolemanager.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.