Dashboard automatically set to Russian.

Hello everybody,

a couple of weeks ago I downloaded Metro 2033 to my hard drive and started playing like any other game. However, when I went to the dashboard it was in Russian, English and another Slavic (Polish, I believe) language. At the beginning I didn't really care, as everything was simply translated into one of the languages and I don't really use any of the stuff (Marketplace, etc...) on the dashboard. Today I tried using Netflix on the Xbox 360 but I notice there was no access to it from the dashboard and many of the marketplace categories (the ones you can see right after you sign in), so i opened the Xbox Guide and went to Video Marketplace, but it simply sent me back to the dashboard. I tried with my brother's account and everything was normal (in English and with all content available) but couldn't use Netflix because he is not a Gold Member, but that's not of importance here. I've already checked my language and locale (English and United States), I've reset the system cache, used my account only from my MU,recovered my gamertag and reset the console to factory defaults, everything to no avail.

I believe the problem has something to do with Metro 2033, as it started after I downloaded the game, however, the presence of the game in my hard drive is not the problem, as I've started the console only with the MU and the problem is still present.

I really need to find a solution for this problem, as I plan on using Netflix from the console, as using it on the computer is uncomfortable and Netflix on my TV sucks (user interface).

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

EDIT: I was trying to manage my account from my computer and everything got set to Russian, so I translated everything and went to my Region Determiner (russian translation) and it said I could only change my region every 12 months, to be precise on 9/3/12, which would be exactly a year after I bought Metro 2033. In order to confirm Metro 2033's purchase date, I went to my Microsoft Billing and Account Management and it said I purchased content for Assassins' Creed: Brotherhood on 9/4/11 and as type it said: "Игра" (Igra, engl. game), therefore I believe someone in a russian-speaking country accessed my account, reset the region (not visible to me) and download the content with my MS points.

I'm not sure how that person got access to the account, but I'll be changing all my hotmail acount-related password. I'll also submit a support ticket.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If your console settings are set to Russian, you can change that under Console Settings > Language/Locale. If your account region has been migrated, then there isn't anything that can be done about it. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.