Dark Souls

This is supposed to be awesome.

On one hand it sounds like it has some very cool ideas.

On the other the difficulty level sounds borderline ridiculous.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 20 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

A game that isnt easy? oh noez! it's part of the appeal.

We'll have to see what the finished product is like this Friday.

IGN amusingly give it a 90% but then say "Don't play this game if you play games for fun".

Probably because they're all such l33t gamers.

I have a copy making it's way to me as I'm curious to see what it's actually like.

Az

If its like Demon Souls then prepare for risk and reward...stock up on snacky bits too

It's meant to be harder (if that's possible) than Demon Souls.

And there's a large gulf between games that are easy and that game!

What bothers me more are things like this (from IGN):

"One of the mid-game bosses, meanwhile, emits corrosive bile that swiftly degrades your equipment if you get stuck in its flow, potentially leaving you standing naked in front of a hideous dragon with a broken sword. There's no way to repair weapons and armor once they've been completely destroyed, so it's possible to lose all your best gear in this battle."

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

IGN amusingly give it a 90% but then say "Don't play this game if you play games for fun".

Probably because they're all such l33t gamers.

[/quote]

I think more because the game is really REALLY hard.

I think the actual game looks fantastic and it's been getting some great reviews, however after reading quite a few comments like "Prepare To Be Frustrated" etc etc ... this has put me off, I take my hat off to anyone that has the patience to play it through and beat it but for me if it's going to make me pull my hair out in frustration then it's defeated the reason I play games, for fun.

Well the IGNUk reviewer of the game, Kezza Macdonald was tweeting during her first playthrough of the game..she spent ten hours on one boss...ten hours...keep that in mind!

Well at least we know the Game will last a while....to the end of time maybe...

well my initial reaction to that is that there's something amiss. Ten hours is absurd to focus on one thing in a game. The end result for me would be that the tediousness and frustration woiuld destroy the immersion and kill the interest.

so this clearly isnt a game for you....you have been warned, and if you choose to buy the game you cant then turn around and complain about the game...but if you want a game to challenge your skills then Dark Souls is for you