Dark souls dev warning

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-21-dark-souls-dev-punishing-early-birds

For anybody playing early, wont bother me because i'm not buying it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well, its more fun then a ban...using one of the MPs features to give the early players something to enjoy...or just get wiped out lol...I think its a very clever way to deal with Retailers selling early or shipping early....if its pirated games MS will no doubt deal with them, but makes it fun in the mean time

Play offline

This is actually a really great idea, love the humor behind it. Playing offline would be one way to counter it, but then you couldn't experience the joy of being absolutely slaughtered and losing thousands of souls you just spent hours farming!

That's amusing.

I thought this was going to be a warning that the game was going to be "Ninja Gaiden" Rock Hard.

Az

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

That's amusing.

I thought this was going to be a warning that the game was going to be "Ninja Gaiden" Rock Hard.

Az

[/quote]

If you're looking for difficulty Az then I can say with utmost certainty that, if Demon's Souls is anything to go by, you won't be disappointed in Dark Souls!

It's funny because they just announced a super-easy auto-block mode for Ninja Gaiden III today.

A bit unfair to punish the guy who just paid £40 for his game isn't it? Punish the retailer, not the innocent customer.

Mehhh noting poison cloud can handle.

[quote user="Viral Cyrix"]

Play offline

[/quote]

Well exactly.

I really don't understand why these developers want to actually punish the people that want to play their game as soon as possible.

I guess turkeys really do vote for Christmas.

Is it me, or are publishers and developers getting more and more stupid these days.

[quote user="Strangeotron"]I really don't understand why these developers want to actually punish the people that want to play their game as soon as possible.[/quote]

I and anyone who played GoW3 before the official release, were greeted with a nice little message from EPIC saying "Congratulations on being one of the lucky people to play Gears 3 before release day" and an apology if there were any online issues as they were still sorting it all out for release day.

So it's not all developers, just these boring Japanese weirdos.