Damsel in distress

Hi, i have received my xbox 360 elite 4gb today, and when i try and load a game onto it (call of duty black ops) it says that it cant find the drive to save it? What am i doing wrong?

Also.. i didnt realise you didnt get a HDMI cable, which one is the cheapest i can buy and will any hdmi cable do or do they have different connections?

Many thanks in advance

Poppy

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If you're trying to install the game to the 4GB then the console will tell you no. You don't need to install games to play them fortunately. As for the HDMI cable issue you'd need the official Xbox one and you'd need to shop around for the cheapest price.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

thank you for your reply. i wanted to install it so i can give the game to my boyfriend to play too but he has the 250gb so he can install it and ill have the disk lol!

how much are the xbox hdmi's roughly just so i dont get ripped off lol!

Sorry this didn't help.

You do know that you still need the disc to play even if installed

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you guys [MOD REMOVED]? A game is more than 4 gbs so you can't install it anyway.

As for the HDMI, Vernier Slake is wrong, any HDMI cord will do fine. He is just trying to get you to buy xbox's product which is not always the best or cheapest.

Sorry this didn't help.

Your boyfriend cant play it cause the xbox needs to verify their is actually a disc in it. It for piracy purposes.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you want to put it the sound through an external device (speakers or surround sound) you need the official cable. If not you can go cheap and have it play through the TV speakers. Google shopping is probably your best bet for prices. While it's true price isn't always indicitive of higher quality they're a higher price for a reason in the same way the cheap ones are cheap for a reason. So if you see one and you like the price at least read the reviews first.

And FYI if you want to help don't call people retarded. Things that are blatently obvious to you may not be to everyone else.

Sorry this didn't help.

For the HDMI cable question, the official HDMI AV kit comes with a breakout that provides left/right analog audio out. If PoppyF88 only needs HDMI audio or Optical audio, then any HDMI cable will suffice as the 360 S console includes an optical port. In terms of quality, Amazon Basics, Monoprice, they're all about the same in the 6-10 foot range. I use Amazon Basics cables with no issues.

To install a game, there has to be enough space for the game to fit. The 4GB 360 S console does not have enough free space to install a 6GB+ game like Black Ops. Once installed, a copy of the game disc must be in the console to play the game. The system does a check to see that the disc is in the tray before starting up off the installed copy.

Sorry this didn't help.

or you can just get a hdd and download games from the marketplace...which is what i prefer

Sorry this didn't help.

re holybam, no i am not [MOD REMOVED], how am i meant to know all this when ive not been on an xbox and know nothing about having to still have the disc in place.

I do not need the audio output as it will just play through my tv so cheap HDMI it is?

So if you install a disc and still need the disk what is the point in installing it?

thank you everyone who has posted helpful answers :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Installing it is useful for reducing loading times and general performance. The needing the disc part is so people can't install a load of games on to a 250GB HDD and then return them to the retailer (ergo get free games in other words). Cheap HDMI cable should see you right but read the reviews before buying, if there's a cable on Amazon going for 50p there's usually a good reason for it.

Sorry this didn't help.