Damn you automated automatic renewal...

I never set up for this automatic renewal, but somehow I was supposed to know they'd impose it on me. I won't be playing much in the next 12 months since I plan to leave on a trip for half of it...
Even to cancel this automatic renewal now I had to go through like 3 pages of ads and Xbox saying oooh you'll miss on on all of this if you DARE to remove your automatic renewal!!!!
Oh sure , like I couldn't just renew it on the day I realize it's expired. Grrr

/endrant

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Actually it does say in the disclaimer when you purchase gold online that there will be automatic renewal.  Now because the site can be futzy at times, your best bet is to contact support at 1-800-4MY-XBOX and tell them to turn off automatic renewal.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I know, I AM to blame because I didn't read the disclaimer properly and I did manage to deactivate the renewal, I'm just saying it's kind of an annoying stratagem to make money. Honestly a lot of people probably got caught by it and I can't even see how it would be more useful than simply sending an e-mail/letter like a month before the end of the subscription to ask if you want to renew or whatever.

I am the living proof it works though, so props to whomever thought of this, even though I hate you. =P

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="CoqGlacier"]

I know, I AM to blame because I didn't read the disclaimer properly and I did manage to deactivate the renewal, I'm just saying it's kind of an annoying stratagem to make money. Honestly a lot of people probably got caught by it and I can't even see how it would be more useful than simply sending an e-mail/letter like a month before the end of the subscription to ask if you want to renew or whatever.

I am the living proof it works though, so props to whomever thought of this, even though I hate you. =P

[/quote]

A sizable part of the Xbox business model is built around an apathetic/ignorant customer base, and it works extremely well as a result.  Look at the evolution of DLC as a perfect example.

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.