Damn control pads

So it looks like my 4th control pad is on its way out, it's a standard black Xbox controller and it keeps turning itself off, I've replaced the Duracell batteries and same thing is happening, this is the second pad to do this to me, the first was the one that came with the console (white). I've also had a new style pad with transforming d pad where the stick travels on its own and a gears 3 pad where one of the buttons has worn out. It's getting silly, I've never had this with any other console and I've been gaming since the 80's.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have had the same pad for 4 years and its still working fine, the only problem i have is the left stick but its still playable.

Iv'e got 3 controller's and each one of them has one problem or another ! Thinking about getting one of the new chrome controller's that come out in a few days.

Ah yes forgot about the chrome ones, I may buy one of those next then.

the pad turning off is probably a fault on the battery pack itself rather than the batteries.

try cleaning the battery contact points and bending them slightly to make the battery fit tighter.

also clean the metal tab that contacts the controller,the flat side that usually has the label on.

if all else fails buy a new battery pack,its a lot cheaper than buying a new controller.

Just further to my original post, the new chrome controllers are now out if anyone is interested, £34.99 on Game website.

Complaining about the xbox pad is like claiming women are too hot and breasts are too appealing. Be grateful you don't have to use a dualshock controller

[quote user="Coops993"]

Just further to my original post, the new chrome controllers are now out if anyone is interested, £34.99 on Game website.

[/quote]

35 quid for a controller? Who pays these sorts of prices??

I have 8 pads and all have had extensive use. Not one has had a problem as yet. The oldest two are about 6 years old.

I have 5 pads two from December 2005 and they all are fin with 1000's and 1000's of hours of play

[quote user="PrimoFuSion"]

[quote user="Coops993"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The RRP of PS3 pads are £49.99

£35 is not so bad when you consider the amount of hours my pads have been used.

People pay all the price for the COD elite or what ever when if looked after right a pad  will out live that and many many games.

[quote user="PrimoFuSion"]

[quote user="Coops993"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well when I see people paying £39.99 for a game with 4-6 hours gameplay I think £32.99(amazon) is pretty good for a controller that may give you 1000's of hours play. Also they have the new transforming D-pad which helps a lot of certain games...Oh and I have one lol.