customer service sucks!

i just called customer service because my xbox one is making some weird sound where the fan is at....its not loud and the system works fine, but its kind of annoying and for 500 bucks...it should be working perfectly...the person put me through some troubleshooting steps but nothing seemed to work...afterwards she told me that they couldn't replace it because its was a normal sound of the fan spinning, but i have had so many electronics to know that something is wrong with the fan..any ideas on what should i do and is the sound really normal?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 24 Applies to:

If you aren't happy with it, return it to the retailer you bought it from and request a replacement.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey lunatic0001,

Sorry that you have experienced that kind of service and also my bad for not responding sooner. I have been a bit tied up here!  To get back to your question, no its not normal but it will not harm hour system. If you want to you can return the console to the retailer and get it replaced. You can also go here for service on your Xbox console.

Hope this helps and reach back if you have any further questions.

Sorry this didn't help.

As someone who has worked in the Technology sector for over 10 years as a front line Technical Support Engineer, Second Level Engineer and Call Center Senior Manager both Domestic and Offshore I have to say I am a bit put off by the lack of unified communications coming from the Support Team.  

While smaller companies can sometimes get away with it, a large company like Microsoft really needs to pull things in.  Not only have I read the numerous complaints from others but I have experienced first hand promises made in writing that are not being delivered with support then saying something completely different than what other agents/emails have stated.

Examples:

1. Advanced replacement email states a new console WILL be shipped out in 2 business days (this is not happening and when speaking with Support it is being stated that it can take 3 to 5 business days).

2. When asking about tracking numbers for replacement devices support has given me the following responses (all different). A) Tracking will not be sent out B) Tracking will be assigned when you send back the faulty Xbox One C) Tracking might be sent via email when your replacement console is shipped to you

Bottom line… I get it, Support is tough, especially when you are on the front lines but in my days of managing a call center and support team in times like this I would:

1. Rally the team to do a full brief on the problem, solution and statements to give to customers (Support MUST be unified with the same answer). It does not matter how large the support team is and location. You rally your leaders to get the message out and then monitor the responses you are giving. Microsoft owns their own collaboration platform and they can use this if needed to hold internal team meetings to synch on messaging.

2. Look at online messaging (FAQ's, KB articles and Email templates) and make adjustments to SLA's (Service Level Agreements). You can not as a Support Org make a promise to a customer that you can not keep, its even worse when its in writing.

For me it's not the end of the world, I know at some point I will get my replacement console but as a guy who has a past in managing large call centers the way this is being handled with customers gets me irked. Even in the worst situation it is the job of support to find ways to surprise, exceed customer expect ions and delight.

Doubtful any Support Managers are reading this but hey, hit me up and I can give you guys some constructive feedback if you would like. I am not writing this to "stir the pot" I am a big fan of the Xbox Brand and just feel things need to tighten up with CS.

Sorry this didn't help.

xbox support sucks!!! only stupid mofos working there. so much problems over the years...maybe i should switch to sony i dont know but such a support is unbelievibel

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there daSt0ner,

I'm sorry about any inconveniences you've experienced. If you have any Xbox Support related questions or need help with some troubleshooting, please feel free to create a new thread with the details. We would love to help out and assist you in any way we can! Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.