Custom Soundtracks - ETA?

Right now the system is severely crippled to those of us who have diverse and unique music collection.  Is this enhancement in the works and if so when approximately may it be implemented? 

Thx

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Crippled, Brandon? That's a strong word to use. I'm not sure I would go that far. I can still access my entire collection through both Xbox Music and Xbox Smartglass. Sure, it may not be as easy or as accessible as it was on the Xbox 360, but that doesn't make it crippled. Also can you be more specific on what exactly you want in terms of enhancement? There's a lot of ways you can enhance something and I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

In any case, if you want to get a response, you should probably leave another post about this in either the support forums or the feedback forums, where you're either more likely to get a response from an actual representative or have someone make a change based on what you tell them. ;)

Thx GG - yeah -

Basically, we were advised up to month before official Xbox one release date that Xbox One (unlike a certain comptetitor) would still allow mp3/custom soundtrack playback.  What we got was a crude form of DLNA playback/streaming which, unlike the 360's implementation,  doesn't actually allow you stream music 'while you play a game'

To my understanding (and correct me if I'm wrong), is there a way to play a game 'full screen' w/out a snapped in window to Xbox Music, and can you play your own music directly off your LAN/network?

Listening to a custom soundtrack or music while you play to many can significantly enhance the gaming experience.  Xbox live music subscription to a 'limited' music collection doesn't make much sense to any serious music collector / enthusiast.  95% of the music I have and that I would want to play when I play a game is not in the Xbox Live music app store.

I see all these updates / enhancements coming, but no indication this is being looked into.  So my question is around the enhancement of local LAN/MP3s.