Currupted profile

Can anyone help? A few months back I downloaded a free pack on the battlefield 3 game and since then each time I load the online or in game disks when loading player profile it says cannot load as profile is corrupt. Then it loads and I have to start each game from scratch with all my gun set ups gone and I have to redo each one before I play and with each new game the same thing. I have deleted my profile and recovered it as was suggested from Xbox support but to no joy. Anyone else had this?? Cheers Paul

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I have not experienced it myself, but have try clearing the system cache.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings SpiderPaulie01

I'm sorry that you are having problems with your BF3 profile.

Here is how to fix the "Corrupt Save Data" issue.

Firstly you will need to quit Battlefield 3 by going to the Dashboard, from there you should follow these steps:

1. Go to Dashboard, then scroll over to the System Tab and open it up.

2. When the tab opens, click "Storage"

3. Navigate to the device in which your save data for Battlefield 3 resides in

4. Next, open the Battlefield 3 save data and then delete the SAVEDATA file, it should be about 2MB in size. This is the corrupt data, it is already corrupt and deleting it will not do any harm. (*)

5. (Optional) Delete all updates for Battlefield 3 and allow them to re-download on next launch.

6. Exit back to the System Tab, now again click "Storage" and this time, press the Y Button. Then, scroll down to "Delete System Cache", this will now remove temporary and cached files on your Xbox 360.

1. Restart your Xbox, pop Battlefield 3 into the tray and load it up.

2. Go to My Soldier, Customize and then set up your custom classes you would like to use

3. Go to Multiplayer, Quick Match and then play a match through to the end.

You should now have fixed this irritating issue.

(*) - Please note, removing this file WILL NOT alter or harm your Multiplayer progress, everything you do on Battlefield 3 Multiplayer is stored on the EA Servers, You will not lose any progress, guns, unlocks, CO-OP progress or XP level, this will all be automatically downloaded back into your new SAVEDATA file.

YOU WILL LOSE YOUR SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN PROGRESS, HOWEVER IT MAY WELL BE ALREADY LOST.

If you are skeptical about deleting this file(which is understandable) simply move it to your Cloud Storage, or a Storage Device that you do not use for Battlefield 3.

I hope this helps you, make sure you follow all of the instructions carefully and if you have any questions or problems, please feel free to ask!

PS: Next time, please post your game issues here

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you mean your BF3 profile? Or your Xbox LIVE profile?

Sorry this didn't help.