Crysis3 multiplayer beta announced....

Launches on January 29th - really hope they've ironed out the issues that Crysis2.

'Crysis 3' multiplayer beta coming this month
Published
Thursday, Jan 24 2013, 03:23 GMT
| By Scott
Nichols
| Add
comment
Crysis 3
will soon receive a multiplayer beta, EA has
announced.

The multiplayer beta will launch on January 29, running until
February 12 on consoles and PC.

It will feature two of the game's eight multiplayer modes, including Crash Site
and the new Hunter mode.

Crash Site is a returning mode where two teams
of players fight to hold key locations across the map, earning points for kills
and how long a location is held.

Hunter mode was announced last year,
featuring two players equipped with nanosuits and a bow against up to 14 heavily
armed Cell soldier players. Each soldier killed will respawn as another hunter,
gradually shifting the team balance as the match goes on.

Two maps will
be included in the beta, giving players access to the Airport and Museum
maps.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a453345/crysis-3-multiplayer-beta-coming-this-month.html#ixzz2It8XeQ89

Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

hope this beta does a better job then the Crysis 2 beta did, the beta showed how incredibly unbalanced the weapons were, and no changes made in the full game. But then that beta was changed to a closed/beta demo when people started giving feedback

-

The MP of Crysis 2 was killed due to the lack of an form of region filter, and international connections were just woeful at times, hope thats one lesson they learned

Couldn't agree more Cockney... Hope it's a proper beta and not just a glorified demo to promote the game and drum up interest.

I might try and get into this, I need to see if my new build can handle the graphical power of this game.

Saw this last night, looking forward too seeing what its like.

Cheers Gullen, looking forward to giving it a try.

So, once again EA are calling it a Beta rather than what it actually is, a demo. Madness. Anyway, here's some footage from the upcoming Beta:

-

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2iDqJi9x04&feature=share&list=UU8RfCCzWsMgNspTI-GTFenQ]

^ Cheers for the video Wolf ..

That looks fast, now I know my memory is bad and I didn't play a great deal of Crysis 2 but I don't remember it being that fast? That sort of puts me off MP games, it was one of the reasons I didn't like Black Ops 2, just felt way too fast and with my old wrinkly hands I just struggle lol ..

Saying that, not giving up hope and still look forward to giving the Beta a try.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbQZqQyEGCE]

I still can't make my mind up whether to pick this up. I definately don't want it for the MP, doesn't interest me at all especially after the Beta but did like Crysis 2 campaign, maybe just stick to a rental to be on the safe side.

I have this on order. Get the original Crysis if you pre-order at Game. I really enjoyed the Beta and have been giving Crysis 2 another play through. It is a great single player, enjoy the MP too :-)