Credit Card verification for child on Xbox One

My son can still sign into Xbox  Live on his  Xbox 360 but cannot sign him into Xbox One. Have confirmed that he is in family on my account and I have signed in to Xbox One but in settings, when I click on add him to this Xbox, it takes through screens to add him as a child, accept terms etc but then gets to a screen where it wants to charge $0.50 to verify against a credit card.  Does not show existing card registered and says ADD A CARD. Add card , verify address etc but all it allows is to save or make changes.  Save data and then it says card already registered and then goes through the same loop. Cannot  see any tab to charge card ?  My son has had Xbox One since Friday and is getting very frustrated. Anyone help me please

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there ELITE,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your son's account.

For this particular issue, I would recommend getting in touch with our Phone Support team. They would be best equipped to look into your account with you and work on sorting things out. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My friend spend 2 hours on the phone with Microsoft Support today with the same issue.  They eventually had to "get back to him" and ended up crediting him a year of Gold because it ended up charging his card 12x 50 cents.  This is a known issue; I'm guessing it will be fixed in the next day or so.

Sorry this didn't help.

there is another long post on here about this issue, apparently escalated to advocate team, also a good explination on what is the cause of the issue.

john

Sorry this didn't help.