Credit Card Troubles

So basically, I had insufficient funds in my credit card. I was aware of this, so I'm fairly certain I removed my credit card from my account. However, am currently suspended due to Xbox trying to take money from my card, bless. Well, I tried to go to my account, remove the credit card and add my prepaid card, so I could pay off the time I've already had, as well as being able to play Reach online again.

But, everytime I try to go to Manage Account and remove my card, it doesn't let me. Why?

All I want to do is remove my credit card and just use prepaid cards. Why can't I do this?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Try calling support they should be able to remove the card for you

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My throat is dead atm, which is why I'm peeved I can't play games on my offtime.

Any fix online?

Sorry this didn't help.

yep add another creditcard and pay off the outstanding balance

you cannot remove a creditcard while an active membership is on it

you need to call and turn off autorenewal and wait till the account is silver again

you can play the games offline but you cannot be signed into live while you are suspended

either way you still have to turn off autorenewal and pay off the balance

If you realize your credit card has expired then you will have to update your payment information, otherwise the xbox LIVE service will detect this and may issue you with a suspension when the system detects an invalid payment option. When you add the new card to that website you also have an option there to transfer the xbox LIVE subscription to your new payment method and this will ensure that you do not receive a suspension.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/12/t/5124.aspx

if you tried to remove the creditcard before the membership was off the active membership it would give you an error

Sorry this didn't help.

Pre-paid Live cards can not be used to pay off outstanding balances. You must use another credit/debit card to do that. Once the billing issue is resolved you can then turn off auto renew on all credit/debit cards and once any active subscriptions are over you can then remove the credit/debit card from the account. Now you can use pre-paid cards to redeem Live time.

I recommend using pre-paid cards only to avoid these types of situations. If you shop around online you can find some really great deals for 12 months Live. Amazon usually has some good deals.

Sorry this didn't help.

please keep in mind that prepaid cards do not purchase promotions as they are creditcard debit card or paypal only

prepaid cards only add time not purchase time

it wouldn't make sense anyways since you are getting a discount on the membership so where would they refund the discount

the discount comes when you purchase the promotion

remeber if you want the free games you must purchase and aggree to the terms and conditions but you can turn off autorenewal at anytime

Sorry this didn't help.