Credit card issues..

Well, I stopped playing xbox live for a while, with a renewal subscription on my account. I never thought to deactivate it at the time, as I usually pick it back up now and then. During this break, my current credit card has expired disconnecting my xbox live account. I do not mind my gold account being expired at the moment, as stated, I'm not playing anything online lately - However I can not even connect to xbox live silver. Everytime I go to connect to xbox live, I get a big pop up screen telling me to update my credit card details or ****, so I can't even access the xbox live silver, making me unable to download demos, buy anything in the market place and keep in contact with any of my xbox-live friends, which is rather annoying. Any way to work around this without having to do some call to remove all of my details and such?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

yep UPDATE your creditcard details

you are currently on suspension till you pay off the outstanding balance

however there is a chance after 45days after the suspension that they may or MAY not write it off

keep in mind you may never used the same card ever again if you try to do that

the only way to receive your dlc or demos on the same account is to pay off the outstanding balance you promised to pay or you can forfeit usage of your account and make another account

(it is upto the customer to cancel service not the service)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Wait, I shouldn't have any debt? Doesn't the system pay for a month at the beginning, then re-renew once it runs out? That being said, it should have not recieved any money and thus not updated my account.. Meaning neither company or user should owe one another money/service. Reason I don't want to update my credit card details onto the console is because 1.) I don't want to go back onto paying by credit card, I'd rather have them deleted from the system due to the recent PSN hack. Secondly, I plan to go back onto redeeming vouchers.

Sorry this didn't help.

you don't understand

when you aggree to monthly billing if you do not pay your bill like every service your service continues

it is UPTO you to cancel

when you purchase subscriptions you are told this membership will renew

you are contracted to continue service till you give notice of cancelation

the only way to go pay as you go is go PAY AS YOU GO  with prepaid membership

however even with a subscription you can cancel at anytime before the membership renews but however you did not

you can only remove a creditcard as long as its not on an active membership

however you are on an active membership and are suspended till you pay it off

don;t even bring psn into it any comments on that is offtopic and not allowed

i suggest you read the terms of use you signed

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there, SUPERDAN90.

I just want to try and clear things up here. You may not have an outstanding balance against your account, however when you purchase a subscription with a credit/debit card the LIVE service needs to keep an active and up-to-date payment method assigned to that subscription. If the payment method expires or becomes invalid then the LIVE system detects this and suspends the account untill the issue is resolved.

You can always sign into www.billing.microsoft.com to see if there is an outstanding balance and you can also update your payment method on that website too. Once you have things sorted, contact the xbox support line and ask them to turn automatic renewal off; once your Gold time expires you can visit xbox.com and remove your credit card information.

Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok so i have been having the same problem as superdan90, but i actually am trying to put in a new payment method and it says that my new visa is "good" while my last one was "declined" and has me written off as suspended. I have waited for about 2 weeks to see if the problem would fix itself but it hasnt. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sorry this didn't help.

i have the same prob but im gonna ring then up as i having no money go in to the bank so i ave no way or paying them beause of money probs

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey impereia, that sounds like the best course of action. Ignition, I recommend calling phone support as well to sort out this billing issue.

Sorry this didn't help.