Creative Director Walks out on Halo 4

Ryan Payton has left 343 Industries - the team responsible Halo 4 - saying the game had become a "crazy endeavour". Payton, who worked on Metal Gear Solid 4, was tasked with developing the game's story and overseeing the creative team who were planning the next trilogy of Halo games. Speaking to Kotaku, Payton said, "I had a great run at Microsoft. I don't regret one day of it. But after a few years, there came a point where I wasn't creatively excited about the project anymore." But he took pain to stress that it wasn't because the game was turning out badly. It was simply not in line with his original vision. "The Halo I wanted to build was fundamentally different and I don't think I had built enough credibility to see such a crazy endeavor through. "I think time is the most valuable thing we have," said Payton, "and I've decided that I'm not going to waste one more day working on something that doesn't speak to my values." Source = http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1192587p1.html

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Well i just hope the "crazy endeavour" turns out to be awesome and better than the original vision.

Good luck to ryan wherever he goes off too....thanks for the heads up ill be sending my CV lmao

Agreed, it needs to be mindblowing and make you think - wow, look at how bad Bungie's version really was :)

It needs to be respectful of what Bungie created...but to make Halo relevant again, it has to have an amazing story angle and be more then a cartoon shooty pew pew aliens kinda game, the Series needs to evolve and grow up, and cant become the CoD style of release crappy SP side and hope people just buy it for the MP to bring in sales

As long as they look at all the content from books and everything as the story is meant to be about being master cheif being the last reclaimer and I hope thats a shield world he is heading for