creating live account

Hello

I have just finished creating my xbox live account online on the computer and i know this may sound silly but i have absolutely no idea how to get it to apply to my console, when i connect my xbox 360 to the internet box and go to the live section it just tells me to create an account i don't know if i am in the wrong menu or what ? my xbox has never been connected to xbox live befor and i would be gratefull of any help or advice.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I got bored waiting so i tired to create an account directly from my xbox 360 but when i entered the email adress it said that my email adress was already associated to an xbl account and told me to select a different email adress so i still don't know how to log on with my console to xbox live with the account i created here. it is exceedingly anoying me and i really would be gratefull of any information because i really don't want to create a new hotmail account just to be able to connect to xbox live

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey mate, sorry I missed this the first time around. In that sign-in menu, you should see the option to 'Recover Gamertag.' That will allow you to bring the account you created on Xbox.com over to the console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for answering my message,  i've just gone and tried to follow your advice but here is what happens :  i have tried to be as precise and as clear as possible and sorry if the text is rather long to read.

I turn on my xbox and arrive at the play game menu i scroll up and arrive at the xbox live menu here i have the choice of join xbox live for free and joining various xbox live applications like games market and video market ect...

So i press A on join xbox live for free and arrive at menu which has two choices one of the is titled frre registration and gives the only choice of join xbox live and the other option is titled join xbox liuve and receive a present and gives the same only choiice of join xbox live i press A on either of them

They both bring me to a menu "called welcome to xbox live" and lower down is a text saying "this process can take a few minutes" folowed by "add your email adress" ; "verifie settings" and "accept the registration conditions" the only choice i get given here is "continue" so i press A

Then i arrive at a menu asking me to type in my name i validate and then get a menu asking for my email ID i enter the one that i used to join this site then validate, it the askes me to put in a password like the one i use to login to hotmail i validate and then the signe pops up saying "this windows ID is associated to another gamertag. Specifie annother Windows Live ID and the password that goes with it"

the only choice i have here is OK so I press A which brings me back to the menu asking for my windows id i put in the same id and the same ting happens again, ect...

I have tried scroling up and down or to the sides and the left and right buttons i have looked in other menus and have found no-where that lets me retrieve my gamertag i am sure of this because i repeated the entire process 6 times.

The ironic part is that on the head of the message telling me that this windows ID is associated to another gamertag... there is a yellow exclamation mark with recuperate the gamertag written next to it but it is clearly the title of the message and there is no way of selecting it so i press OK which is highlited in green at the bottom of the message.

It's as if a menu or an option is missing

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, at that "Play Game" menu (known as the 'My Xbox' channel), you will have the option to scroll to the right. There, you should either see the option to sign in, or, if you're already signed in, the option to sign out. If you select the sign in menu and scroll to the right again, you should see the option to recover a Gamertag. Please let me know if this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

Problem solved, it was right in front of my eyes the entire time without me seeing it somehow  i feel like a real idiot now. Anyway thanks for your advice advice and your patience and see you all on halo reach as soon as i get gold membership.

Sorry this didn't help.