[posted in wrong forum under games in error]
System update completed last Friday with no issues with Forza, worked fine. (except Titanfall freezes and will not load into a game, but it is a Beta and this can be expected.)
I am having crash issues with Forza, it was working fine yesterday until the update with new map was applied in update pushed on Feb. 18th.
Forza Update did install correctly Feb. 18th, Forza loaded fine, tried to race on new track via free play, when loading track 2/3 of the way crashed back to home screen. Recreated 2 more times. Then I tried some troubleshooting and multiple hard reboots, no go. Only change is that now only loads initial flash screen and crashed to black screen then back to home screen. Game will not load at all, crash after 3-5 seconds.
Here is what I have tried so far on own and with MS Rep.
1) hard reboot, reload Forza. results in crash after initial flash screen back to home screen.
2) uninstalled Forza, hard booted with both power cable and network cable unplugged, installed directly of disk. loaded game, connected network again with XB live sign-in, Forza loaded to main screen (press A), installed mandatory update to game. rebooted after completed install, now only initial flash screen loads then crash back to home screen.
3) tried another game, COD Ghosts, loaded fine with no issues, does not appear to be console at this point but 2 out of 3 games is not a good sign. Getting worse
4) MS rep suggested bad game disk, will try on other XB1, but very doubtful as disk worked fine never leaving drive up into now and reinstall.
5) factory reset suggested but with caution not recommended, will loose everything and need fresh install that takes hours, plus it may not work after all that time invested.
6) hard booted XB1, modem, router to disconnect from cloud as part of install is saved there and may be part of issue per MS rep. rebooted, exactly same issue crashing back to home screen.
7)Persistent storage flush,. under settings menu, Blu-ray, clicked persistent storage, cleared persistent storage sored in RAM, hard booted with power cable unplugged. once rebooted, loaded Forza, game crashed back to title screen. No change. (found this step online u-tube)
Help. Anyone from MS going to give assistance? other steps to try? MS rep said he has not seen this issue and could not find in their support teams internally, will take few days and try to get back to me.
Assistance much appreciated.