CRASH after games title flash, Black, returned to Home screen

[posted in wrong forum under games in error]

Hello Everyone,

System update completed last Friday with no issues with Forza, worked fine. (except Titanfall freezes and will not load into a game, but it is a Beta and this can be expected.)

I am having crash issues with Forza, it was working fine yesterday until the update with new map was applied in update pushed on Feb. 18th.

Forza Update did install correctly Feb. 18th, Forza loaded fine, tried to race on new track via free play, when loading track 2/3 of the way crashed back to home screen. Recreated 2 more times. Then I tried some troubleshooting and multiple hard reboots, no go. Only change is that now only loads initial flash screen and crashed to black screen then back to home screen. Game will not load at all, crash after 3-5 seconds.

Here is what I have tried so far on own and with MS Rep.

1) hard reboot, reload Forza. results in crash after initial flash screen back to home screen.

2) uninstalled Forza, hard booted with both power cable and network cable unplugged, installed directly of disk. loaded game, connected network again with XB live sign-in, Forza loaded to main screen (press A), installed mandatory update to game. rebooted after completed install, now only initial flash screen loads then crash back to home screen.

3) tried another game, COD Ghosts, loaded fine with no issues, does not appear to be console at this point but 2 out of 3 games is not a good sign. Getting worse

4) MS rep suggested bad game disk, will try on other XB1, but very doubtful as disk worked fine never leaving drive up into now and reinstall.

5) factory reset suggested but with caution not recommended, will loose everything and need fresh install that takes hours, plus it may not work after all that time invested.

6) hard booted XB1, modem, router to disconnect from cloud as part of install is saved there and may be part of issue per MS rep. rebooted, exactly same issue crashing back to home screen.

7)Persistent storage flush,. under settings menu, Blu-ray, clicked persistent storage, cleared persistent storage sored in RAM, hard booted with power cable unplugged. once rebooted, loaded Forza, game crashed back to title screen. No change. (found this step online u-tube)

Help. Anyone from MS going to give assistance? other steps to try? MS rep said he has not seen this issue and could not find in their support teams internally, will take few days and try to get back to me.

Assistance much appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

Nice post.  This is the kind of good info we need here.  Thank you.  :)

I was having trouble with mine as well, I did most of this and I was able to clear up the issue with one inclusion, I did a power drain on the system after shutting it down.

Turn the system off and unplug it, then hold your finger down on the power sensor on the front of the system (to drain the capacitors) for about 20 secs, and then plug it back in and restart it.

This seemed to clear it up for me, at least mostly as they did have an active service alert tonight for F5 and all my tokens were gone (panic a little).  But it all came back up about an hour later and everything else is golden.

Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey thanks for the info, tried power cycle and power drain as directed. reconnected and rebooted. loaded game, still crashing after initial title flash back to home screen within 3-5 seconds.

Any other thoughts? still crashing right at start?  Microsoft any feedback?? steps to try?

Sorry this didn't help.

okay, did a full factory reset. rebooted system and completed initial setup. inserted forza disk wile disconnected from XBL for faster install. Install completed, loaded game, worked fine. raced few matches. reconnected to XBL, got message to update game with update on Feb. 18, completed update successfully. loaded game, downloaded profile from cloud, played career match successfully.

here is where trouble started, tried to race on new map road America first option, map flash loads but on next screen start of race, game turns black and crashed to home screen. reloaded game, success, tried match making game. entered class race, waited for players and race start, upon loading track details after about 80% done, game crashed back to home screen.

Right now game works fine unless multiplayer is attempted or new tracks on road America are tried.

Any ideas on how to fix this? anyone else having this issue?

Sorry this didn't help.

well found this on Forza website, they have acknowledged there is a problem.  Wait for T10 to finish investigating.... http://forums.forzamotor...a-series.aspx#post_49772

Sorry this didn't help.