Crappy performance

I would just really, really appreciate if someone could tell me why is it that  my 6 year old Xbox 360 runs smoother than my 6 month old Xbox One. It takes me ten seconds to snap. Sometimes my downloads reverse and go from 60% to 40% (took me 3 day to download  Advanced Warfare and  Halo MCC)  the games I play lag to the point where I just quit playing my xbox for the xbox. People will say my connection, and I will agree to a degree, but when I am plugged straight into my router I shouldn't be lagging that much!  At this current moment, I can barely manage to play Evlove bc the hunters fall through the map when they die. That is the probably devopers of the game but I expect Microsoft to hold Turle Rock to a high standard since my PAYING to play. I have to reset my xbox every 3 days bc the headset quits working. And yes I do update my controller/ headset.  Microsoft, please fix the Xbox one. Because I am unhappy a customer as you can probably get. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Nomanian, 

Sorry you're having issues with your Xbox. First with the Evolve game, Dev's aren't going to go into a public game and make themselves fall through the floor, that just doesn't happen. With the performance that could be contributed to bandwidth. Can you please tell us if you have high speed internet, or if you have high speed internet if it's on the slower side, or if it could be used a lot? The speeds with the downloads and laggyness could be due to the internet. 

I agree that plugging directly into your router is the best thing to do. That is going to remove any issues with switches and/or wireless. I'm assuming since Halo MCC came out so long ago that you've power cycled / hard reset your Xbox. If not while the Xbox is on hold the power button down for 10 seconds until the console shuts off (fast). After that turn your console back on, and wait while it boots (it's going take longer to boot). 

With asking MS to fix the Xbox, it's really not broken. Many people are playing with no issues at all, so it's for sure something on your end, but we'll help you get it figured out. Post back with the answers to these questions, and if the hard reset helped at all! 

Hope this helps! 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have DSL, which probably  could be considered on the slow side. But not much of an option living 3 miles out of town.  On he Evolve game, it's more like glitches than lags. When you die for good after you go down your body will glitch (fall)  through the map. And if your using Lazarus (which brings people back to life) than ur SOL, but that is the difference in winning and losing.  The biggest issue I've been having is with my xbox one controller and headset.  The controller will stop controller the xbox while I'm using it. No buttons will work and reconnecting it to the xbox won't work. I have to hard reset my xbox to get the controller to get again. And it very similar for my headset. It will go from working to nothing in moments  and the only way to fix it is to hard reset my xbox. And yes, I do updated controller/headset.  Is this some malfunction? Or is it software problems?  MC has send me one replacement headset already. The first one was doing similar things as this replacement but eventually nothing I did brought the first headset back to life so I called MC and they replaced it for me. Which I do thank them for.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Normanian, 

With the Evolve, that does sound like a glitch like you described. That could just be a random error in the game, or it could be an issue with the installation. See the link below to reinstall the game. If you did purchase this game from the Xbox Store, it could take a while to download and install. One thing to try is using a network cable rather than wireless if that's an option to install the game. It could make the speed go a bit quicker. 

With the controller try updating the firmware. The link below is to get it to work with Stereo Headset, but it's the same method. This link will walk you through patching the controller, and updating the firmware. 

Controller Update

Uninstall Xbox One Content

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.

My controller had no updates. I update it regurally so I knew it didn't have any. The thing about these issues is that most my friends are having the same issues! It's not just a isolated case here. Many people are having the same problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

HI Nomanian, 

Controller disconnecting is a common issue with controllers that do not have updated firmware. Usually the light will go off all together. This is fixed with the firmware update. The controller is also designed to shut off after 5 minutes of inactivity. If it's in use, you've updated the firmware, and you have good batteries there may be an issue with the controller that is not resolved with a firmware update. I'm confused on your statement as you say it did not have an update, but then you said you update it regularly. Xbox controller updates are different than regular console updates.  See links below. 

Controller Timeout

Again to update firmware

Send Controller in 90 day warranty period to Microsoft for repair. 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.

Whenever the GUI starts lagging for me, I have to hold the power button to do a shutdown. The power brick will turn amber. Once that is done, you can power it back on and this clears the cache and the dashboard should be smooth again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just to be clear. When we say reset/shutdown, we are talking about holding the xbox symbol on the xbox one till it completely shuts off and resets? Bc it's only a temporary fix for my controller and headset problems.  A couple of days after I do that hard reset it stops working again.  When I said regularly, I meant I check for updates regularly and had the last update already installed but still have problems. I have had these problems since I bought the xbox, which is about the same day as when Advanced Warfare came out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Nomanian,

If your controller is up to date and you're still having problems after doing a reset (holding power) on your Xbox then it could be a bad controller. If this has happened since day one you can try to reset your console to factory settings. Providing you keep your console online all your game saves should be backed up. You will however be required to re-install all your games. If you've had the controller for under 90 days visit  the link below to request a repair. Otherwise I would suggest buying a new controller. 

Reset your console to factory 

Request repair on your controller. 

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Sorry this didn't help.

So I didn't reset my xbox.  With 3 day download times and packet losses I didn't trust my xbox, so I went to test all the connections. Sure enough, there are problems, but they are not with my it's with Xbox service. And idk how long I've had the controller but it's the special edition advanced warfare controller. Can they even replace it?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just found  out that xbox is  admitting that they are having major issues with social and gaming right now. Found some articles they wrote. They mentioned AW having issues but idk if they realize that it's every major game

Sorry this didn't help.